How many of you believe in Jeff Francis? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many of you believe in Jeff Francis?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:12 am

Everyone sing!

I believe that Jeff is our future. Teach him him well and let him lead the way. Show him all the beauty he has in side!
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:14 am

TheYanks04 wrote:There has NEVER been a Rox SP worthy of an active roster spot in a 12 team mixed league that I am aware of. Maybe someone can find/recall one, but I can't think of one. Why would this guy be the exception?

Hey, there have barely been a few clsoers worthy of a roster spot let alone a SP that played for the Rox.

um what? he plays for colorado.....

and i dont know, he's intriguing, but i think watch him like a hawk and pounce on the ww if he pitches 2 or 3 good games

hes not worth a spot now
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:15 am

my bad, thought you said "sox" not "rox" -- been reading too many posts
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rhino Tuff » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:29 am

This guy is the Neo of the Rockies, he has the type of lights out material that will overcome the thin air factor.

Check out the K/9, the opposing team can't jack it out of the yard if they can't hit the ball.
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:35 am

Well since the breaking stuff does not break in Denver, he better be throwing 98 with movement on the fastball to be lights out.

Seriosuly, Coors has turned decent pitchers into train wrecks (Hampton and others), stunted the development of other good pitchers (Kile) and ruined the career of many not so great pitchers.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hybrid » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:44 am

TheYanks04 wrote:he better be throwing 98 with movement on the fastball to be lights out.

Switch the numbers around and you have what he throws with his fastball. That being said he is a very talented young pitcher, but it is Coors after all.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby matmat » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:45 am

he doesn't exist, just like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:47 am

Who is Jeff Francis? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Francis. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick Jeff Francis ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:04 am

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Who is Jeff Francis? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Francis. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick Jeff Francis ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

and like that he was gone, he became a ghost, a spook story that you told your kids, don't ratt on your pop or Keyser Soze will get ya!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby matdemos » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:53 am

I could be wrong but I don't think Coors has even seen a Pitcher of Destiny like Francis....well, one that played for the Rockies, anyway ;-7 The sickest thing about him is that he's getting visibly better every year. At Colorado Springs last year he gave up 1.2 HR/9...assuming he adjusts enough to the majors to keep that number level, he is ownable (in NL only) based on his K/9 (32 K in 37 IP last year in the bigs). And I think he's earned that assumption. Come October, he'll have earned the ROY too.
matdemos
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Hockey

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers