Phillies starting 2B?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Phillies starting 2B??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Phillies starting 2B??

Postby Sandman of Endless » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:57 pm

Is it officially Utley? How does Polanco fit into the Phillies strategy?
Sandman of Endless
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 192
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Dream World

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:12 pm

Utley will start because Bell is on the DL. Polanco will play 3B until Bell comes back. After that, I would think that Polanco gets traded, but it really depends on Utley's performance at that point.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:22 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Utley will start because Bell is on the DL. Polanco will play 3B until Bell comes back.

Am I wrong about that? I could've sworn that Bell was going on the DL, but I cannot find anything to support that any more.

Someone straighten me out, please.

!+)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Talyn » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:34 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Utley will start because Bell is on the DL. Polanco will play 3B until Bell comes back.

Am I wrong about that? I could've sworn that Bell was going on the DL, but I cannot find anything to support that any more.

Someone straighten me out, please.

!+)


Yes, you are wrong. In fact I just saw Bell play yesterday on TV, he seemed fine. Utley is the starter, and I think he will remain the starter. Polanco will probably take some ABs away from Chase, but Utley will still get the majority of the ABs at 2B.
As far as god is concerned, if he starts using an energy consuming kind of blower or electric blanket, I’ll kick his ass too.
- Brad Rifkin, January 18th, 2001
Talyn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 444
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Shopping at Frazier Foods in Buena Park, CA

Postby biffy44 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:37 pm

I'm confused too...
I have Polanco as my MI, thinking bell was out, but he's back already.
Don't know whats going on myself.
I'm routing for a trade or bell to screw up his back again.
biffy44
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 140
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlee » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:39 pm

I hope I'm wrong about this, because I have Utley on 2 of my teams, :-o but I think Manuel will start Chase against RHP and Polanco against LHP. :-P
Bell will be the 3B.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1475
Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cordova, TN

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:56 pm

or...Utley will be the starter until he slumps for a game or two, and then Polanco will go in or will go in against lefty/righties or whatever and then it'll be 2B by committee and the end of both of their fantasy values!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:08 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:or...Utley will be the starter until he slumps for a game or two, and then Polanco will go in or will go in against lefty/righties or whatever and then it'll be 2B by committee and the end of both of their fantasy values!


exactly.

a lefty righty split ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlee » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:09 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:or...Utley will be the starter until he slumps for a game or two, and then Polanco will go in or will go in against lefty/righties or whatever and then it'll be 2B by committee and the end of both of their fantasy values!


That's what I'm afraid of. 8-o On the 2 teams I have him, I hedged my bet by picking up Ray Durham in the late rounds as insurance.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1475
Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cordova, TN

Postby mrider » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:38 pm

I heard Utley my magazine seems to think Utley im guessing Utley plus he looks great this year he will be a star soon.
Image
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2562
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rogers Centre


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact