JUAN PIERRE?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

JUAN PIERRE??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

JUAN PIERRE??

Postby Fender1114 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:57 pm

i took him in the third round expecting big things from him in a contract year, but this calf injury just isnt going away. should i trade him now before the season starts and let him be someone else's problem??
Fender1114
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Doughhead » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:07 pm

It seems silly to try and trade him now while his value is so low. Pierre was a minor iron man for playing every inning of every game last season. He's more durable than you might think. He might have a slow first couple of weeks--maybe even a slow April. But my advice would be to sit tight and be patient. If you want to trade him, that's fine. But don't do it when his value is at an all-time low. That's pretty standard advice. Savvy managers take advantage of people who are quick to hit the panic button. Have a back-up plan for opening day and be patient. I think this will be a non-factor by May.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:13 am

Doughhead wrote:It seems silly to try and trade him now while his value is so low. Pierre was a minor iron man for playing every inning of every game last season. He's more durable than you might think. He might have a slow first couple of weeks--maybe even a slow April. But my advice would be to sit tight and be patient. If you want to trade him, that's fine. But don't do it when his value is at an all-time low. That's pretty standard advice. Savvy managers take advantage of people who are quick to hit the panic button. Have a back-up plan for opening day and be patient. I think this will be a non-factor by May.

I agree. I would see what Pierre could do for you. He will be good to your team ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sundell5 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:10 am

I have Pierre on my team also whom dropped to the SIXTH round in my 8 person league. Everything that I have heard is telling me to keep him, maybe get another CF for the beginning part of the year until he is healthy again. But when he's healthy, hes a top 3 base stealer behind posednik and crawford and a top 20-30 player overall. This guy is worth keeping.
sundell5
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:53 am

A calf injury will go away, it's not a hammy or anything, and it should not be any real problem after the first week of the season, if that.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Blind Squirrels » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:52 am

Hold on to him at this point by all means. He played in a minor league game yesterday, running at full speed on the bases and in the field reporting nothing wrong. If you still feel uneasy come the end of the month, let him build some stats and then pull the trigger.
"There's something happening, and you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?"
Bob Dylan
Blind Squirrels Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates