After a few moves please rate my team (WHIR leave link) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

After a few moves please rate my team (WHIR leave link)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

After a few moves please rate my team (WHIR leave link)

Postby MushuCrew » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:33 pm

Ok I've made a few moves and was hoping for some last minute opinions on how my roster looks now.

Dropped Jason Lane and picked up C.Blake mainly because I'm expecting about the same numbers but Blake will have 3B/OF eligibility.

Dropped Greg Aquino and picked up C.Crisp, already had 4 closers and we have 4 OF spots so I felt Crisp is a good sleeper this year (possible 25/25 guy w/100 runs).

Here is my roster:
C-V.Martinez
1B-D.Ortiz,Konerko
2B-Cuddyer(1B,3B,OF),K.Matsui(SS)
3B-D.Wright,C.Blake(soon OF)
SS-M.Young
OF-V.Guerrero,Podsednik,P.Wilson,C.Lee,Mench,C.Crisp
SP-Sheets,Harden,Radke,Weaver,Arroyo,A.Burnett,Webb
RP-Nathan,Foulke,Cordero,M.Adams

9-Team Yahoo Points League:
R (1), 1B (1), 2B (2), 3B (3), HR (4), RBI (1), SH (1), SF (1), SB (2), CS (-1), BB (1), HBP (1), K (-1), GIDP (-1), E (-1), IP (3), W (10), L (-5), CG (10), SHO (10), SV (10), H (-1), ER (-1), HR (-1), BB (-1), HBP (-1), K (1), WP (-1), BLK (-1)
MushuCrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irisheyes » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:40 pm

Wow. Great team

About the only thing I would do would be to trade for a better 2B... Maybe take a chance on someone like Iguchi.

Maybe package Radke and Harden for another stud SP

Great team overall.

If you have time could you give suggestions for my team?

Thanks!
irisheyes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby twalch4 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:36 am

Awesome!

You've got the best catcher in the game right now. Dont listen to anyone who says that it's pudge. Rodriguez has already lost 30 pounds since spring training.

Ortiz is a good man to pick up, I kinda wish that they'd use him at 3rd as well, but he's kinda big, and the only reason i want him also at third is becaue then i could trade for him and have another person at 3rd on my own team.

David Wright!! The prodigy from the Mets. This guy will produce for you, i've got a good feeling about him. That goes also for Coco Crisp, dont give him up in a trade until he's produced a little. Sell him high. I only say that because you've got the best OF in the game (Guerrero) and a guy that'l get you 55-65 steals this season (Podsednik).

You are set all around.

Another sleeper that you might want to think about in pitching is Wil Ledezma of the Tigers. Not only is he in a big park, but he went under the radar in alot of drafts. I love Burnett, he'll do well. Has anyone taken Zack Greinke in your league?

If he is, pick him up and drop Webb if Webb's walk numbers dont dissapear this year.

Hey be sure to take a look at mine. Thanks!
Tom Walch
thomas.walch@gmail.com

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178084
twalch4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SoxFanPJ » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:53 am

I like the squad, Vmart, and Wright, to go with Guerroro, Ortiz, Young gives you a great offensive core of high average power hitters.

Your pitching staff looks pretty good on paper my only concern would be wins, The A's could take a step back, the Brewers could still struggle this season, Dbacks, and I expect LA to be pretty bad.

Also Arroyo is good, but so far he is not going to be in the rotation, wakefield is going to be the 5th SP for the sox. Arroyo may get some starts if Shill is out to start the year, but he may not do a whole lot for you early in the year.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 000#815000
SoxFanPJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikemcj55 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:01 am

I like this team, though I've never played a 9 team league before. I guess if you're looking to make improvements, I am thinking 3b and obviously 2b. I like your outfield, and don't think you should touch it.
Now I don't mean to sound blasphemous, but David Wright is still very young. I know many people here at the cafe, are expecting good things from him this year, but I think even if he does well, he's still not in the top tier (though I stress THIS year). Since this isn't a keeper, and the entire world loves Wright, I would use him as your trading chip to upgrade at 3b, to either a Blalock, Chavez, A-Ram, or Beltre (especially since you don't need speed with Pods on your squad). At the name David Wright, people's sense turn to mush, you might get lucky with a deal, dangel him and Konerko or him and Radke in front of someone to upgrade.
As for 2b, there's no way you should have Cuddyer as your 2b in a 9 team league. I know he's a sleeper, but he will have to really break through to be the 9th best 2b in fb this year. Try to make a move for an older guy, a Boone, Loretta, or Kent, and if not, look to the wire for utley and Iguchi. Other than that, I love your team, solid all the way around. If I had your relief corps, I would be sleeping better tonight.

Good luck

Help me out??
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=104651
mikemcj55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team