Just finished my draft - how did I do? I'll comment on yours - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just finished my draft - how did I do? I'll comment on yours

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just finished my draft - how did I do? I'll comment on yours

Postby Jevan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:48 pm

12-team Yahoo H2H league

H/AB R HR RBI SB K GIDP TB FPCT AVG OPS

IP W L SV ER BB K GIDP ERA WHIP

C A. Pierzynski
1B A. Pujols
2B B. Boone
3B C. Figgins
SS J. Rollins
OF M. Cabrera
OF S. Green
OF P. Wilson
Util J. Thome
BN P. Nevin
BN R. Winn
BN R. Freel

SP P. Martínez
SP A. Burnett
RP J. Nathan
RP T. Hoffman
P S. Takatsu
P D. Báez
P Z. Greinke
BN A. Leiter
BN J. Westbrook
BN M. Clement
Jevan Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Oliver Perez » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:15 pm

I like your closing staff, but i'd use some of that depth to shore up your starters a bit. You should be good in steals and power. ;-D

Help me: http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=107915
Oliver Perez
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bosoxbw » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:18 pm

i really don't like B.Boone and S. Green (although i like his chances of a good season better). otherwise, i really like your team. you are short one solid #3 starter, so if you could get value for boone/winn/green i would make a trade and then see if something good comes over the waiver wire 2B wise (maybe omar infante is available, or even jorge cantu).

hope that helps.

i know you rated my trade, but can you go here and rate my draft?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=107909
bosoxbw
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rg_baseball » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:18 pm

I think you are all around good but i really dont like Pierzynski I never really have i had him on my team last year and he brought me down. hopefully with his recent move he will be better than he was with bonds. I would try to trade him away. Maybe you should try a trade to bring in some outfielders where you are weak.
rg_baseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BuckeyeSal » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:36 pm

I would trade one of the closers for a better C or another quality SP. AJ is little risky healthwise and then you don't have a lot there
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jevan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:18 pm

Can you give me some sort of an idea of what kind of a pitcher I could get for one of my closers? Or would I do better packaging someone like Takatsu with Boone to get an upgrade at 2B?
Jevan Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby avc234 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:18 pm

I think you have a solid team. I really like AJ Burnett for this year. I would, however, be wary of Preston Wilson. Also, like others have said, I would try to get a 3rd established starter.
avc234
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Rhymes_T79 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:30 pm

ur sp staff is not that bad, only thing i would prob do is upgrade my 3rd starter. clement is an ok 3rd starter but him and westbrook are better #4's IMO.

i would look to trade away the following to get other value in return:
freel
leiter
nevin
winn
(possibly baez or takatsu... in a 12 team league, with only 30 MLB teams... there are 30 closers at any given time, only half of which are even good... that means on average each team should have 2.5 closers to be at the norm. u can afford to trade one of ur weaker closer...i havent even factored in those teams with closers by committee...)
Without ME it would just be AWESO.
Rhymes_T79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mrider » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:20 pm

Trade Thome for a better third baseman Nevin can fill in for Thome Figgins just doesnt cut it.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

I would

Postby AT » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:48 pm

I would trade Boone/Nevin or Boone/Thome with one of your closers for a stud 3B and move Figgins to 2B. I like Chone but I hate Boone and think you can get a valuable 3B if you move a nice combo of players to someone who needs a CL/1B/2B or something like that. This would also open up 2 roster spots for you and you could add another SP, a good RP who can get you everything BUT saves (Think Gonzalez, Otsuka, Donnelly, Linebrink, Gordon). Also, don't expect much from Ryan Freel this year. He is solely a 1 category guy who has some competition from Jimenez for playing time. I think he is a waste of a roster spot. You did well in the Pen for a 12 team league and I love the Pujols/Cabrera combination. 2 NL MVP candidates. Remember that RP's who don't close games can be more valuable than questionable bench players since they play in open spots during your pitchers' starts while bench players just take up space.

Rate my Team Thanks!
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=108413
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team