Drafted...should I feel bad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Drafted...should I feel bad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drafted...should I feel bad?

Postby bounce » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:48 am

We just had our eight team, 6x6 draft. I feel guilty about this team. The guy who had the first pick is trying to get into baseball, and loves fantasy games.....he picked Mark Teixiera (he lives in DFW, which is all I can gather).

Most of the teams are pretty stacked, though. Here's mine...

C - Jorge Posada
1 - Todd Helton
2 - Chone Figgins
3 - Adrian Beltre
SS - Carlos Guillen
OF - Vladimir Guerrero
OF - Corey Patterson
OF - Miguel Cabrera
U - Aubrey Huff
B - JD Drew
B - Ryan Freel
B - Aaron Rowand
B - Pedro Feliz
B - Matt Lawton

SP - Johan Santana
SP - Jake Peavy
P - Oliver Perez
P - Greg Maddux
RP - Brad Lidge
RP - Trevor Hoffman
B - BJ Ryan

My two concerns are, I have a deep offensive bench, and a short pitching bench. Should I drop one of them, and pick up a pitcher? Odalis Perez is available, but I'm lacking in holds, which we score for. As for that, there's Ray King, Otsuka, Reitsma, etc available. Should I go for that area, instead? Who should I drop?
bounce
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stunners » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:56 pm

K what i am about to suggest is 100% dependent on this being a daily line up change league. If so, i would suggest dropping 2 of your offensive bench players. I would keep drew, and the steal guys rowand, freel etc.. As you are weak in steals as well. Anyways if i were you i would pick up odalis perez, and possibly 2 other middle relievers. Basically with those 2 pitcher spots, i would constantly be moving middle relievers in as much as possible. I mean daily changing your sps to take sp spots and middle relivers to take P spots when possible. I would constnatly start 2 closers, and attempt to get those holds in there as much as you can. Odalis perez is a great pitcher for you specifically because his main weakness is Ks where you are extremly strong. IDeally you should be have those 2 pitcher spots available on many days. You should have a good shot at winning era/whip/ks, and saves/wins/holds be quite strong as well with alittle luck.
Stunners
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bounce » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:59 pm

I put in a waiver request for Otsuka where I'd drop Lawton...and picked up Ray King to drop Pedro Feliz.

I'm strong enough everywhere else, no?

Is BJ Ryan the sole closer for Balt, or middle relief?
bounce
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team