Bonderman: a name no one mentions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonderman: a name no one mentions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:23 pm

hybrid wrote:
Tavish wrote:His second half is why he is getting overrated. He did great against two of the worst offenses in the league who were throwing AA hitters out there. Even during his "hot" stretch when he went against decent offensive clubs he had major problems.

I always hear this and you know he only pitched against KC once, TB believe it or not had a fairly good offense ... by no means a AA line up.

TB scored fewer runs than KC last season and only outscored the Mariners. They did not have a fairly good offense. They had a bad offense in a bad park.

Also you never bring up that he had good games against the White Sox, Angels, Red Sox, and Orioles. All of which are very good line ups. His ratio's improved from K/BB to whip even in months were his ERA is high, that for me is more telling on his improvement over the 2nd half then 1 or 2 games at the end of the year.

He had a great game against the White Sox in August. In all the other games you mentioned he was very average. I'm not against Bonderman at all and I think he will improve this season. I'm just not expecting the big breakout season many are and won't pay the going price for the gamble. mid-4 ERA, 8.5 K/9, and a WHIP around 1.25.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:37 pm

Well I had a paragraph long reply, but decided to forget about it and just let his season do the talking. It's odd to me that so many have him as a sleeper, yet I think quite a few people here are sleeping on him.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby sammyfan711 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:28 pm

I like Bonderman in '05. No one is mentioning the change-up he has added to his aresenal that Dimitri Young called "unfair".

I drafted A.J. Burnett ahead oh him in one league and am thinking of offering him for Bonderman straight up. Is this is fair trade for me?
sammyfan711
College Coach
College Coach

Postby t2green2 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:35 pm

Am very happy having a rotation of Sheets, AJ, Bonderman and Beuhrle.

Bonderman will post solid numbers IMO but I would not trade AJ for him. I am thinking (hoping) he will be a top 5 or 6 SP this season
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ravenmad22 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:15 pm

I have a similar staff with Sheets, Smoltz, AJ, Escobar, Radke, and Bonderman.

I agree that Burnett is more ready to breakout than Bonderman, but n 2006 or 2007, I wouldn't be surprised to see BOTH of them with a Cy Young under their respective belts.

Having Burnett and Bonderman on your team is the shizzzz.

t2green2 wrote:Am very happy having a rotation of Sheets, AJ, Bonderman and Beuhrle.

Bonderman will post solid numbers IMO but I would not trade AJ for him. I am thinking (hoping) he will be a top 5 or 6 SP this season
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:22 pm

sammyfan711 wrote: thinking of offering A.J. Burnett for Bonderman straight up. Is this is fair trade for me?

hahaha ha hahaha haha ah that's a good one ...... :-° , but seriously :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kcs261 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:10 am

t2green2 wrote:I am thinking (hoping) he will be a top 5 or 6 SP this season

Bonderman a top 5 or 6 SP? Man, I like the guy. But I can't help but think that this kind of optimism is way unwarranted. If he ends up a top-25 SP, I think you should be thanking your lucky stars. Even if he were a top-40 SP, that wouldn't be bad for a 22-year old. But top 5 or 6?

Personally, I'm not buying it.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ravenmad22 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:12 am

kcs261 wrote:
t2green2 wrote:I am thinking (hoping) he will be a top 5 or 6 SP this season

Bonderman a top 5 or 6 SP? Man, I like the guy. But I can't help but think that this kind of optimism is way unwarranted. If he ends up a top-25 SP, I think you should be thanking your lucky stars. Even if he were a top-40 SP, that wouldn't be bad for a 22-year old. But top 5 or 6?

Personally, I'm not buying it.

I think he was talking about AJ Burnett, which is more realistic.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers