Kearns Projections - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kearns Projections

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:58 pm

Kearns will be amazing this year, don't listen to the doubters. Considering where he's being drafted (or the fact that he is a FA in many leagues), Kearns provides more value than pretty much anyone this year.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Iconoclastic » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:25 pm

300 30 100 isn't his upside. His potential is for .320 40 120. This year, if he stays healthy, I would say .300 100 35 110. Of course you shouldn't draft him to start for you, but take him as your Utility guy and back him up with a solid player and you won't be disappointed.
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 795
Joined: 5 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby donny23 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:53 pm

And Griffey provided more value than anyone where he was drafted the kast couple of years also. There is no value when you are out with an injury. IF he stays healthy, I agree. He can be the steal of the year. That's the IF though. How can you call people doubting him staying healthy doubters? History speaks for itself. Of course, he MAY stay healthy, but I wouldn't count on him to. He's a great high risk high reward players that should be a utility guy (with a good backup plan) or bench guy. If you have him as that, you can have nothing but a pleasant surprise out of it cause his upside is obviously extraordinary.

slomo007 wrote:Kearns will be amazing this year, don't listen to the doubters. Considering where he's being drafted (or the fact that he is a FA in many leagues), Kearns provides more value than pretty much anyone this year.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 587
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:46 pm

I expect a slight increase over last years numbers

25Pulled Muscles 12Broken Bones 8blisters and 2 sprained ankles
Image
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3522
Joined: 8 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby slomo007 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:08 am

donny23 wrote:And Griffey provided more value than anyone where he was drafted the kast couple of years also. There is no value when you are out with an injury. IF he stays healthy, I agree. He can be the steal of the year. That's the IF though. How can you call people doubting him staying healthy doubters? History speaks for itself. Of course, he MAY stay healthy, but I wouldn't count on him to. He's a great high risk high reward players that should be a utility guy (with a good backup plan) or bench guy. If you have him as that, you can have nothing but a pleasant surprise out of it cause his upside is obviously extraordinary.

slomo007 wrote:Kearns will be amazing this year, don't listen to the doubters. Considering where he's being drafted (or the fact that he is a FA in many leagues), Kearns provides more value than pretty much anyone this year.


I didn't say anything about IF he stays healthy. I said he'll provide more value than pretty much anyone this year (relative to where he's being drafted), and I'll stand by that. If I'm wrong, we'll I'll be wrong....but I think he stays healthy. 2 years of random injuries isn't all that uncommon...and it's not like it was the same injury over and over. To me, different random injuries are much better than him reaggravating the same injury over and over.
Last edited by slomo007 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayman » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 am

He'll probably pull a "JD DREW" - um, that means wait till his contract year - he'll get 500+ at-bats and slug his way to a few million.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1151
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the holosuite playing the Vulcans!

Postby benjapage » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:16 pm

just want to give the heads up that through the last 5 or 6 at-bats, kearnsy has appeared to be bringing it around.

his first several at-bats of the season, pitchers were really busting him inside...probably hip to the fact that he might be a little chicken after taking balls off of his hand and forearm last year. and honestly, he did look awful.

but even his strikeouts in the past several appearances have been more authoritative, and he seems more poised. some of the foul balls have been just barely wide, and hit crisply. my suggestion is that his value might be even lower than it was on draft-day (if possible), and if you can make a play for him this next week or two, you might get one whale of a deal.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2767
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby max01889 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:23 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:I expect a slight increase over last years numbers

25Pulled Muscles 12Broken Bones 8blisters and 2 sprained ankles


Haha, clever man.
max01889
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 236
Joined: 1 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballnewb » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:56 pm

Every year people say he will be great, he comes out plays like crap and then gets hurt. I just don't see 30 HR's out of him even if he stays healthy. I'd expect more of a 20ish HR year building towards the future if anything.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 629
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:01 pm

baseballnewb wrote:Every year people say he will be great, he comes out plays like crap and then gets hurt. I just don't see 30 HR's out of him even if he stays healthy. I'd expect more of a 20ish HR year building towards the future if anything.


Patience, just have patience. I'm sure he's pressing right now...he has never had a history of striking out a lot, and that's all he seems to be doing lately. He had the day off today, the Reds have a day off tomorrow, so I think he'll be ready for Tuesday. I'm sure he's just as anxious to produce as we are to see him produce.....don't give up on him yet, I'm going to wait a few more weeks at least. However, if you can start someone else in the meantime, that would be a good idea. His talent is not in question...his health has been the only question, and so far he's healthy...therefore logic would tell you that he'll produce.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kab21, uphonnandam and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 3
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(1:45 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(3:10 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact