Kearns Projections - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kearns Projections

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:58 pm

Kearns will be amazing this year, don't listen to the doubters. Considering where he's being drafted (or the fact that he is a FA in many leagues), Kearns provides more value than pretty much anyone this year.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Iconoclastic » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:25 pm

300 30 100 isn't his upside. His potential is for .320 40 120. This year, if he stays healthy, I would say .300 100 35 110. Of course you shouldn't draft him to start for you, but take him as your Utility guy and back him up with a solid player and you won't be disappointed.
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby donny23 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:53 pm

And Griffey provided more value than anyone where he was drafted the kast couple of years also. There is no value when you are out with an injury. IF he stays healthy, I agree. He can be the steal of the year. That's the IF though. How can you call people doubting him staying healthy doubters? History speaks for itself. Of course, he MAY stay healthy, but I wouldn't count on him to. He's a great high risk high reward players that should be a utility guy (with a good backup plan) or bench guy. If you have him as that, you can have nothing but a pleasant surprise out of it cause his upside is obviously extraordinary.

slomo007 wrote:Kearns will be amazing this year, don't listen to the doubters. Considering where he's being drafted (or the fact that he is a FA in many leagues), Kearns provides more value than pretty much anyone this year.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:46 pm

I expect a slight increase over last years numbers

25Pulled Muscles 12Broken Bones 8blisters and 2 sprained ankles
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:08 am

donny23 wrote:And Griffey provided more value than anyone where he was drafted the kast couple of years also. There is no value when you are out with an injury. IF he stays healthy, I agree. He can be the steal of the year. That's the IF though. How can you call people doubting him staying healthy doubters? History speaks for itself. Of course, he MAY stay healthy, but I wouldn't count on him to. He's a great high risk high reward players that should be a utility guy (with a good backup plan) or bench guy. If you have him as that, you can have nothing but a pleasant surprise out of it cause his upside is obviously extraordinary.

slomo007 wrote:Kearns will be amazing this year, don't listen to the doubters. Considering where he's being drafted (or the fact that he is a FA in many leagues), Kearns provides more value than pretty much anyone this year.

I didn't say anything about IF he stays healthy. I said he'll provide more value than pretty much anyone this year (relative to where he's being drafted), and I'll stand by that. If I'm wrong, we'll I'll be wrong....but I think he stays healthy. 2 years of random injuries isn't all that uncommon...and it's not like it was the same injury over and over. To me, different random injuries are much better than him reaggravating the same injury over and over.
Last edited by slomo007 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jayman » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 am

He'll probably pull a "JD DREW" - um, that means wait till his contract year - he'll get 500+ at-bats and slug his way to a few million.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby benjapage » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:16 pm

just want to give the heads up that through the last 5 or 6 at-bats, kearnsy has appeared to be bringing it around.

his first several at-bats of the season, pitchers were really busting him inside...probably hip to the fact that he might be a little chicken after taking balls off of his hand and forearm last year. and honestly, he did look awful.

but even his strikeouts in the past several appearances have been more authoritative, and he seems more poised. some of the foul balls have been just barely wide, and hit crisply. my suggestion is that his value might be even lower than it was on draft-day (if possible), and if you can make a play for him this next week or two, you might get one whale of a deal.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby max01889 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:23 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:I expect a slight increase over last years numbers

25Pulled Muscles 12Broken Bones 8blisters and 2 sprained ankles

Haha, clever man.
max01889
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseballnewb » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:56 pm

Every year people say he will be great, he comes out plays like crap and then gets hurt. I just don't see 30 HR's out of him even if he stays healthy. I'd expect more of a 20ish HR year building towards the future if anything.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:01 pm

baseballnewb wrote:Every year people say he will be great, he comes out plays like crap and then gets hurt. I just don't see 30 HR's out of him even if he stays healthy. I'd expect more of a 20ish HR year building towards the future if anything.

Patience, just have patience. I'm sure he's pressing right now...he has never had a history of striking out a lot, and that's all he seems to be doing lately. He had the day off today, the Reds have a day off tomorrow, so I think he'll be ready for Tuesday. I'm sure he's just as anxious to produce as we are to see him produce.....don't give up on him yet, I'm going to wait a few more weeks at least. However, if you can start someone else in the meantime, that would be a good idea. His talent is not in question...his health has been the only question, and so far he's healthy...therefore logic would tell you that he'll produce.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers