Harden or Burnett - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harden or Burnett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:58 pm

It's close, but I'll say Harden. I don't entirely trust Burnett to stay healthy and I don't think he will be as good of pitcher this year as I think Harden will be.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:02 pm

Phatferd wrote:I'd take Harden, they both pitch in a pitchers park, but I think Oakland is more of one and he is less of an injury concern. Harden has more potential too. If Burnett can do what he is capable of its slightly better than what Harden did last year. If Harden improves at all I think he is better than Burnett.

See, I'm not sure that Harden has a higher ceiling. Burnett was hitting 100 a few times when he returned. However, the biggest selling point for me was his improved control he flashed 04.

I think they are pretty even but for 05, I'll take my chances with Burnett. Better team and more experience.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pedrosanpedro » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:11 pm

It's really close between these two talents... but with AJ's injury question mark, i'd give the photo finish to Harden...
pedrosanpedro
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Phatferd » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:12 pm

Yoda wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I'd take Harden, they both pitch in a pitchers park, but I think Oakland is more of one and he is less of an injury concern. Harden has more potential too. If Burnett can do what he is capable of its slightly better than what Harden did last year. If Harden improves at all I think he is better than Burnett.

See, I'm not sure that Harden has a higher ceiling. Burnett was hitting 100 a few times when he returned. However, the biggest selling point for me was his improved control he flashed 04.

I think they are pretty even but for 05, I'll take my chances with Burnett. Better team and more experience.

Who do you think will have more K's? I am just curious as to what people think.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BostonBK7 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Harden ;-D

I also think he will get more strikeouts than Burnett. Check this out from Yahoo:

"Mar 28 A's right-hander Rich Harden struck out eight more batters in Sunday's game against the Rockies, giving him 16 in his last two outings and a 29 on the spring—highest in the Cactus League. "

Yes I know I know its spring training but thats pretty nice.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TB13 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:20 pm

[quote="Phatferd"]Who do you think will have more K's? I am just curious as to what people think.[/quote]

I think that the K's will be virtually even. MAYBE AJ has a few more due to him facing the pitcher.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:19 pm

A

J
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brandnew » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:24 pm

The A's offense is pretty good, so Harden should get his share of wins. Not to mention their bullpen is substantially better.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby reiser » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:51 pm

Phatferd wrote: Who do you think will have more K's? I am just curious as to what people think.

Burnett had a significantly better K/9 over the second half last year. ugh, I hate to say this, but I do think Burnett has more upside. but that's a lot of injury risk.

they are not real easy to get back to back either, you would probably have to bid up one of them if you wanted to land them both.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:55 pm

Burnett for me - he just has the higher ceiling. What he did last yr after returning from TJ was Cy Young type stuff - ridiculous %s.

As for the injury, I really am not that worried about it - the track record for guys coming off TJ is very good and Ps can often come back stronger than before they had the injury (as Burnett showed last yr).
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers