Sleepers anyone??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleepers anyone???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby donny23 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:30 pm

Nl Only

C - Closser - Colorado, lots of promise - good combo
1B - Bagwell - Typical case of a guy having a bad year as he gets up there in age and everyone writing him off as done. He'll never be the player he once was, but Bags still has a pretty decent season or two left in him. He's being drafted way too low
2B - Burke - Sure, he might not start the season at 2B (haven't read the updates today), but once he will, he'll be a steal, especially in keeper leagues.
SS - Reyes - If this guy can stay healthy, he brings unreal speed to the table. You won't have to waste your speed guy on an outfield spot like posednik and can get some power in the OF.
3B - Ensberg - Had a great year two years ago. He'll be back this year.
OF - Wilson - He seems to be healthy again. We remember what he can do when healthy from two years ago.
OF - Kearns - One of these days he'll show how talented he is if he can stay healthy. Big if there, but worth the risk where he's going. Stash him on your bench and wait for him to explode.
OF - Burrell - This guy can just crush the ball. Batting average will always be a concern with him, but no doubt worth the risk.
SP - Jeff Weaver - This guy quietly put up a nice year last year. I think he'll just get better as he removes himself from that disasterous experience with the Yankees.
SP - Lowe - switch to the Nl should do wonders for his numbers as long as the defense holds up behind him.
SP - Jerome Williams - Talent waiting to shine. This guy is the real deal.
RP - Chad Cordero - This guy can pitch. I trust him to hold the job and put up some really nice numbers.

AL Only
C - Olivo - steals at catcher - nice
1B - Giambi - He looks good in spring training. Typically that doesn't matter but it does with a guy coming back in his situation.
2B - Iguchi - Unpredictable what you will get from this side, but the upside makes him worth the risk where he's going in drafts.
SS - Crosby- Batting average from last year is scaring people off. This guy is going to be the real deal and a really nice fantasy SS for years to come. It starts this year.
3B - Chavez - Ok, this one is a stretch because he's ranked pretty high. He's never really shown his true potential yet though and I believe he finally explodes for a monster year. A truly monster year.
OF - Wells - Adding steals to his stats? It can only help. people overvalued him last year and undervalue him this year.
OF - Rios - Toronto OF theme here. Once again, the steals. The pop won't be there quite yet, but this guy stole 15/18 bases in limited time last year and can hit for a good average. Don't be surprised to see a little more pop than you expect also. He hit a ton of doubles last year. As players develop with age, those doubles start turning into homers. He will be a 20-30 homerun hitter within a matter of a year or two.
OF - Jeremy Reed - Could go .300 with 15 homers and 25 stealsand a ton of runs this year. Rbi's might not be too high, but this is not a bad guy to have at all, especially where he's being drafted.
SP - Millwood - Ok, switch to the AL usually doesn't help, but I like his situation in cleveland. Nice young lineup, less pressure on him. I got him for $3 in my auction league as my #5 starter.
SP - Blanton - Good guy to stash on your bench to see how he pans out. I don't know if he'll be great, but I like his chances to be very solid.
SP - Arroyo - This guy has very good stuff and is still young. He's had some ups and downs so far, but he has a great lineup behind him. Lots of attention goes to Schilling of course and Clement, but I could easily see him putting together a better season than Clement.
RP - David Riske - He won't close, but he'll give you great numbers otherwise in deep leagues where you use middle relief
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby donny23 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:33 pm

I really like most of these picks.

George_Foreman wrote:C - Ramon Hernandez
1B - Lyle Overbay
2B - Junior Spivey
SS - Kaz Matsui (2B eligible after 5 games, also ;-D)
3B - Eric Chavez
OF - Brad Wilkerson (1B eligible as well)
OF - Shawn Green (1B elgible as well)
OF - Pat Burrell
SP - Kris Benson
SP - Kip Wells
SP - Javier Vazquez
SP - Randy Wolfe
RP - Octavio Dotel

Some of these are guys that might go undrafted, but most are just people that are undervalued this year.
Last edited by donny23 on Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:51 pm

john thompson

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fraquar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:22 pm

Raul Mondesi. A deep sleeper considering he isn't even getting drafted. The Braves will work their magic with him.
fraquar
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers