I think I won my draft--what do you think of my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I think I won my draft--what do you think of my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I think I won my draft--what do you think of my team?

Postby Iguana » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:11 pm

Wouldn't have minded getting another closer, but my Starting pitching is DEEP, I have a good balance of speed and power, and I scored Berkman and Thomas in the 11th and 20th rounds--they'll be a nice boost come May. Keep in mind that once they are back, Berkman and Thomas will replace Tino and either Floyd or Griffey in my lineup.

What do you think of my squad (5x5 roto, 12 team league, very competitive)

C R. Hernández
1B B. Wilkerson
2B A. Soriano
3B A. Béltre
SS N. Garciaparra
CI B. Mueller
MI R. Furcal
OF J. Edmonds
OF P. Burrell
OF J. Bay
OF K. Griffey Jr.
OF C. Floyd
Util T. Martínez
BN W. Taveras
BN L. Berkman
BN F. Thomas
BN M. Olivo

P J. Smoltz
P M. Mussina
P C. Carpenter
P J. Weaver
P B. Webb
P R. Wolf
P W. Williams
P B. Wagner
P M. Adams
P U. Urbina
BN J. Williams
BN D. Haren
BN J. Francis
Help me pick my keepers? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=419885
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Iguana » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:43 pm

awww, no love...why no comments on my team? well I'll keep rating other peoples, hopefully I'll get some critiques and feedback soon.
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beefcurtain » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:44 pm

Infield is very strong with soriano, beltre, furcal. Need some help in the OF, especially with Berkman hurt. Maybe shift some of that SP for a solid outfielder. Griffey worries me.
beefcurtain
College Coach
College Coach

Umm

Postby AT » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:55 pm

Your team is solid, not spectacular. These are the suggestions/comments I would make...

Mueller sucks and you should be able to find a better CI in a 12 team league than him.

Cliff Floyd? No.
Tino Martinez? No. (And I'm a Yankee fan who follows both teams heavily)

Frank Thomas? You're dreaming if you think you're getting much out of him.

Miguel Olivo? Does not belong on a fantasy team roster in a 20 team league.

Taveras is a nice player, should get a ton of steals, nice pickup.

Weaver had a great second half, should give you some nice punch. Sabermetrically speaking, he tied for second in the league with 9 Tough Losses (Behind RJ 11 and Sheets 9). Should improve on his wins.

I think Woody Williams is crap. Same with Randy Wolf. (I know Wolf had a great first half like 2 years ago since I had him that season but he has been dreadful since.)

Your bullpen blows at best.
Maybe look on waivers for guys like Otsuka, Gonzalez, Linebrink, Donnelly, Worrell instead of Urbina (Overrated and won't get the closer spot anywhere this year.) I'd dump Francis and get a quality setup guy to hold your WHIP/ERA down and get you some consistent K numbers. Is there no distinction between SP and RP in this league? You just play 10 Pitchers? If so, I would trade Wagner to some sucker and punt saves since you're not getting anywhere with just him and Adams. You have deep enough starters and could get decent value for Wagner who will prolly have his arm fall off around July anyway.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Iguana » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:32 pm

First off, thank you for taking the time to comment on my team.

My league is very competitive, and if I punt saves, it will guarantee I can't finish first. I don't like to punt categories, and I know if I do I can't win. I know Urbina probably won't get traded, but Percival could get hurt. Kolb got 40 something saves, so if Adams can keep the job all year and I pounce on the first replacement closer on waivers, I think I could be middle of the pack in saves. Most of the MR's you mentioned are gone already.

I'm quite pleased with my IF, although I acknowledge Mueller is not a great CI. I had a number of CI's get taken just before my pick several rounds in a row. Ugh. But I think Mueller can hit .300 with 15-20 HR and decent RBI's. Plus in my league he's eligible at 2B, so it gives me a strong MI backup.

Miguel Olivo, I think, is going to be great. He hit 13 HR and had 7 SB in only 300 AB last year. Tino I don't like one bit last remaing OK CI. Thomas may be out a while, but don't forget he had over 40 HR's and 100 RBI's in 2003, and was on that pace before he got hurt last year too.

Beefcurtain, I'm surprised you don't like my OF. Once Berkman is back, my OF will be:

Edmonds
Burrell
Berkman
Bay
Floyd/Griffey.

Every single one of those guys is a 30 HR hitter when healthy.

Woody Williams I like to be good in the Padres spacious stadium. Wolf, who knows. Tino will be gone as soon as I can find a decent replacement.
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team