I've been helping a lot, how bout some help for my squad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I've been helping a lot, how bout some help for my squad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I've been helping a lot, how bout some help for my squad

Postby AT » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:10 pm

I've been making some really long posts on peoples' teams, how bout some comments for MY team...

I had 5th pick in a 10 Team 7x7 Head 2 Head League. Lemme know what you think...It's a big money league.

C Joe Mauer
1B T Hafner
2B J Reyes
3B T Glaus
SS R Furcal
OF M Cabrera
OF C Crawford
OF J Edmonds
Util P Konerko
Bn J Giambi
Bn C Crisp

SP R Johnson
SP K Escobar
RP Fr Rodriguez
RP A Benitez
P J Smoltz
P C Cordero
P M Adams
Bn D Willis
Bn C Tsao
Bn M Gonzalez
Bn N Lowry OR B Madritsch

Who would you pick up for your last bench spot just added? B Madritsch or N Lowry? What do you think of this team?

Do I have enough bats for a 10 team league to complement my stranglehold on SB's? Obviously there's no way in hell I lose saves any week either, do I have a deep enough of a starting staff to hold my own?

By the way, if you're familiar with my posts, Russ Adams is still a FA and noone in my league has ever heard of him. I have my eye on him like a hawk ;-D

Thanks guys :-) .
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Iguana » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:16 pm

alright, honest assement here. You OF is pretty solid, but for a ten team league, I'm shocked at how sub-par your IF is. You have a LOT of speed--leverage that for another IF bat.

You are more than set on closers--I would try and trade one of them too. I like Randy (obviously) and I think Smoltz will be huge, but for a ten team league, it would be nice to have another solid SP. Dropping from Randy/Smoltz to Escobar/Dontrelle is a big drop--too bad you couldn't get someone else in between.

You have saves and SB in excess--always a commodity. Use it too your advantage.
Help me pick my keepers? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=419885
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Thanks

Postby AT » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:22 pm

Maybe Furcal and a closer for a SP? There are some FA SS's on the wire that I like or I could get Tad Iguchi from WW and move Reyes to SS. Maybe I could just upgrade Furcal by packaging him with a closer to someone with a good SS and weak Pen. Thanks for your opinion.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CourtVision » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:24 pm

Your infield needs a lot of work. I wouldn't look at upgrading the starting pitching I would look at upgrading the infield.
[b]Rate my team!! (And I'll rate yours too)[/b]

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185319
CourtVision
College Coach
College Coach

Maybe I'm blind...

Postby AT » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:36 pm

Maybe I'm blind but Mauer, Hafner, Reyes, Glaus and Furcal is a bad infield? Average maybe, but bad? Needs a lot of work? I think Mauer (If healthy) can hit 25+ HR and .300, Hafner with 150+ games should hit 30 plus homers, around .280 and 100 rbi. Reyes (If healthy and he appears to be...) is good for 50 SB and maybe 100 R batting leadoff in that lineup and Glaus (If healthy, and he appears to be...) should hit 35+ HR, score close to 100 R and drive in 100. I got furcal in like the 10th round...

I just offered Furcal and Chad Cordero for Barry Zito to a guy who has him as his 4th starter with only 2 closers. I guess I'd replace Furcal with Iguchi or Russ Adams if he takes it.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:51 pm

You seem to have excess SB and S - I'd trade them.

I don't play 10 team mixed universe leagues, so I don't know about how strong your infield is, per se, as player penetration shouldn't be high to start with. IMHO, in a league of this nature, you should end up with no lower than Top 10 at any position - not sure I'd say that about your entire IF. And also note your comments (if healthy, if healthy, if healthy) - that's a lot of "ifs". I guess what people might be saying is that you have a lot of risk, which doesn't make a strong infield.

With Crawford, Reyes and Furcal, you have plenty of speed. I'd trade Reyes as he's the riskiest (injury-wise) of the 3, but should have high value. Look to eliminate some of your risk and pick up power.

Pitching-wise, you have 5 closers, and risk as well in your starters (RJ is 41, Smoltz is an unknown). I'd look to trade one or two saves guys and pick up another starter.

As for your choice, I'd take Lowry.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team