FRANK THOMAS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FRANK THOMAS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FRANK THOMAS

Postby The Jury » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Hah, sorry about the caps, but I thought it'd add to the effect of having not seen this dude's name in a looong time biggrin.gif

I just picked him up, what do you guys think of him? He had that awesome 40+ HR season 2 years ago, and last year he was on a really good pace when he was playing.

Reports so far indicate that he's still got the mashing going, but he's got some scar tissue in his ankle to work through and he's a little tentative to test it full-out.

He's a Util player on Yahoo.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:54 pm

I've taken a late-round flier on him in several drafts. At the time I drafted the news sounded a little more optimisitic. This last story about the scar tissue is a little worrisome. But he's pretty low risk, high reward. I won't wait much past the first month of the season but that's a lot of value for a late-pick or a WW pick-up.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:02 pm

i grabbed him the last round of one of my (early) drafts as a stash away guy . i think that if he comes back without any lingering effects in may he could still have a great season. hes had great junes throught his career posting 89hrs and 256rbis with a .313 avg career with almost comparable julys and great augusts..(although hes had better numbers power wise before the break 60 hr and 180 or so rbi difference between the 2 halves take it for waht you will.) . i think if your able to absorb the bench spot he could be a valuable guy to have for the playiffs in a h2h league. (course i could be jaded since a) im a sox fan and b) he is my fav player ;-) )
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers