A different twist - Please Rate My Hitting Lineup Only - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

A different twist - Please Rate My Hitting Lineup Only

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A different twist - Please Rate My Hitting Lineup Only

Postby Benkei » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:44 am

Just drafted, picked 5th out of 12, 7x7 league, extra hitting cats are OPS and Ks

My hitting lineup
C-Mauer
1B- Hafner
2B- Giles
3B- Glaus
SS- MYoung
OF- Beltran
OF- Giles
OF- Rowand
Util- Overbay
Bench - Mench, Kearns, McPherson

Personally, I think I'm looking very solid across the board, Ks could be the one category that hurts me, especially with Glaus onboard. Feel like I have enough guys with above-.300 averages to offset Glaus in average, at least.

OK time, to go reciprocate by rating some of your teams. Anyone who views this but doesn't take one extra minute for at least some basic feedback is lame.
Benkei
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmiklos56 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:06 pm

when dallas comes back he is your util guy. That was a good pick you amde. I'd trade glaus as some as dallas comes back. You seem solid, I owuld expect belrran's numbers to take a hit this year. I think he played over his head last year. His AVg could come down too.
jmiklos56 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rajah » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:06 pm

I don't think you have enough speed, even with Beltran and Rowand. I know you shouldn't base decisions on spring training stats BUT Mench is hot. Think about him for util - if you count XB hits, Overbay is a machine, but I don't like him as much this year. And if Glaus doesn't come through, I think you are light in power.
Take two and hit to right
rajah
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Paco625 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:46 pm

Because you count strikeouts I would try to trade Glaus. It might be difficult depending upon how competitive your league is. I think you are pretty good with steals, besides Beltran and Rowand, Young and Giles will also steal a fair share of bases. My advise would be to get rid of Glaus, he is going to kill you
Paco625
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Oliver Perez » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:43 pm

Thanks for your help earlier, Benkai.

Your speed is lacking a bit, and Glaus would scare the crap out of me if i owned him. Other than that, the lineup is looking good. Hafner could be the wildcard on your team, he could go either up or down, but i am would be confident in him.
Oliver Perez
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Benkei » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:26 am

Wow you guys sure are harsh on Glaus! I share your concerns, somewhat, but he is tearing the cover off the ball this spring and has moved to a great hitters park. I figure in a HTH format he's at least worth keeping active during his hot streaks, and when I'm up against other managers with free swingers in their lineup like Dunn or Sexson or even Thome or Delgado, Ks won't neccesarily be the kiss of death for me.

To be honest, I might have to ditch McPherson, since he'll probably be a Glaus clone in the best case scenario. I'm considering dropping him for Garret Atkins, who never strikes out, in order to have a more complimentary backup 3B.

As far as speed goes, I'm clearly not dominant, but I should be competitive in that cat each week.
Benkei
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JDD » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:37 am

You have a nice line-up, but it won't win it all for you... I am guessing you used your second, third and fourth picks on pitching.

And I am guessing you took two closers before you rounded out your hitters

If you did not, you might be in for a long season.
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

pretty much more of the same

Postby squirtle » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:38 am

I think you are pretty slow but you should be able to trade for some steals. I like Glaus but he does K a lot and you might be able to take advantage of his hot spring to deal him for a real speedy g...

but yer power is really nice and I think yer bench rocks...

good luck :)
squirtle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Benkei » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:48 am

Hmm, still confused about how my team is too slow. Beltran projects at 40 steals and then I have 4 other guys who registered double digit steals last year, 2 of whom would project into the mid 20s for steals if they'd played a full season (M-Giles and Rowand).

How many steals do you need?

I'm not saying I'm dominant in steals, but this is a HTH format and in any given week I think I'll at least be putting up a good fight in this category. It certainly won't ever be a lay up for my opposing manager.
Benkei
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team