Meet the Mets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Meet the Mets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:37 am

I'm a die-hard Met fan and native New Yorker. I'd like to predict the Mets as division champs because they have got a kick-ass lineup this year, but, as any Met fan will understand, I'm afraid to get my hopes up only to have them destroyed in September when they face the Braves like 10 times. O man, don't get me started on the $%^&ing Braves :-t

I think the X-factor is . . . Pedro.

If he can stick it out for the whole season, the Met's have a fighting chance at winning this damn division.

LETS GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- - - - - - - - - There Is No Spoon - - - - - - - - -
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:51 am

Amazinz wrote:[That's correct. PECOTA came up with a different result but PECOTA is as much an "opinion" as the results Sheehan came up with. So your point is? My point wasn't to prove anything. Sheehan is a respected author and his opinion carries more weight than mine so I just wanted to show that maybe I'm not (as well as Absolutely Adequate) as crazy as I appear.

PECOTA isn't an opinion, its based on historical data and trends.
Either way I didn't state it to argue how well the Mets will do this year, just pointing out that BP didn't come up with those standings - Joe Sheehan did (who I think is one of the best at BP).

To be fair, I don't think anyone can say that the Mets are far from a contender. That division is tight.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:51 am

Well until PECOTA is 100% accurate it is an opinion, albeit a highly informed one. What do you think projections are? Listen I'm not trying to knock PECOTA. I'm a fan but it is what it is. ;-)

I'm sorry if I came across like I was trying to dupe people by saying it was a BP forecast. Even though it is just not the PECOTA forecast.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:05 am

I can't blame you for arguing a case for your team. My A's are being underrated in the West, so I feel ur pain. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers