College - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

College

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DominicanLou » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:34 am

I go to WashU right now. I'm a pre-med, so you would have a very different experience here being an architecture student. The school has a good reputation, and I have a few architecture friends who are very happy here. I also like St. Louis a lot, and I have lived in London, Toronto, and Miami, so I can compare it to those cities. The only complaint about the city is that kids from cali and the south dont realize that it gets cold here during the winter.

I would recommend coming here, especially if you are leaning that way already. There is nothing about the school that makes me want to tell you not to come here. If you have any questions feel free to ask. ;-D
DominicanLou
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:41 am

Mercer Boy wrote:For as many rips I've heard on Vassar on the Simpsons, I would suggest against that place. ;-D

Oberlin is from somewhere near me...but I have no idea about how it is or anything like that.

If nothing else, I'd probably guarantee the girls are better at one of the CA schools. ;-)
I don't know, Ohio girls aren't bad....ok yeah they are :-b as for Oberlin the only thing I know about it is that it's really open to homosexuals and having diversity among it's students I believe
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eftda » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:43 am

Don't go to UCSD. Its full of kids who do nothing but study. Go to UC Santa Barbara. Its full of challenges but the beaches and drive from SF is fantastic. Its like 3-4 hours from SF.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:47 am

DominicanLou wrote:I go to WashU right now. I'm a pre-med, so you would have a very different experience here being an architecture student. The school has a good reputation, and I have a few architecture friends who are very happy here. I also like St. Louis a lot, and I have lived in London, Toronto, and Miami, so I can compare it to those cities. The only complaint about the city is that kids from cali and the south dont realize that it gets cold here during the winter.

I would recommend coming here, especially if you are leaning that way already. There is nothing about the school that makes me want to tell you not to come here. If you have any questions feel free to ask. ;-D

Hey cool! I will definitely PM you sometime soon! I am visiting the campus and staying overnight in about 12 days. Maybe I'll see you ;-)
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:49 am

eftda wrote:Don't go to UCSD. Its full of kids who do nothing but study. Go to UC Santa Barbara. Its full of challenges but the beaches and drive from SF is fantastic. Its like 3-4 hours from SF.

Knowing nothing about the schools....this is great advice. 3-4 hours is the perfect distance from home. It's far enough that your parents won't surprise you with a Saturday morning pop-in, but yet close enough that you can go home occasionally. Factor in the incredible Cali weather and the stock of women and this would be an easy decision.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby blankman » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:51 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:
DominicanLou wrote:I go to WashU right now. I'm a pre-med, so you would have a very different experience here being an architecture student. The school has a good reputation, and I have a few architecture friends who are very happy here. I also like St. Louis a lot, and I have lived in London, Toronto, and Miami, so I can compare it to those cities. The only complaint about the city is that kids from cali and the south dont realize that it gets cold here during the winter.

Hey cool! I will definitely PM you sometime soon! I am visiting the campus and staying overnight in about 12 days. Maybe I'll see you ;-)

Wash U is a fine school. Of your list it's definately the most reputable for education ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: College

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:53 am

Mustangs989 wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:Grinnell College, in Grinnell, Iowa

;-D I actually don't know much about it, but my cousin goes there and likes it, my sister also visited there when looking for colleges and said it was a pretty nice place. I can try and find out some more things if you really want me to but I doubt it's much more than you can find on their website...

My uncle went there and loved it, though it might help if you figure that you rank left on the political spectrum.

I live in St. Louis and I know some people going to WashU. Good school, pretty campus, there's always stuff going on, but some of the people who go are sort of pretentious.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: College

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:56 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:Grinnell College, in Grinnell, Iowa

;-D I actually don't know much about it, but my cousin goes there and likes it, my sister also visited there when looking for colleges and said it was a pretty nice place. I can try and find out some more things if you really want me to but I doubt it's much more than you can find on their website...

My uncle went there and loved it, though it might help if you figure that you rank left on the political spectrum.

I live in St. Louis and I know some people going to WashU. Good school, pretty campus, there's always stuff going on, but some of the people who go are sort of pretentious.
If you want a good school try Kenyon-Liberal Arts school with a beautiful campus....only problem is it's in the top 5 I believe for most expensive schools and you have to be reall really smart to get in. :-/ :-b
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:36 am

Excluding recreation (read: partying), WashU has to be a top pick for you especially if you plan on going into the medical field. It's consistantly in the top three schools in the country for medical research.

Of course, looking at your list, I presume you can afford the $40k/yr price tag.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:29 am

JTWood wrote:Of course, looking at your list, I presume you can afford the $40k/yr price tag.

I cant, thats why I have the UCs there. I want a smaller school, so the UCs are only there for financial backup. The financial aid offers I've gotten from most of the private schools are going to be just enough to make it kind of plausible. Its gonna be a stretch no matter what, though, as UCs arent all that cheap either.

Pooja, I live in SF, so I am on the left of the political spectrum :-D . So Oberlin would be perfect in that sense.

Thanks to all who have chipped in. ;-D I am still hoping that some of you guys go to a school I am considering, like Dominican Lou goes to WashU. I know a lot about all the schools and about what I want, but I need some more info about what really goes on socially at these schools. Getting a current student's opinion is the best way to do this, I think.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk