possible steriod users - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

possible steriod users

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:26 am

BostonBK7 wrote:
Rude Boy wrote:I expected exactly what I am getting

People living in limbo for the last 15 years and still doubt it because they just don't want to believe it not unless it involves players they despise



The truth is they went after Barry and it blew up in their face


No one is living in limbo and no one is doubting that steroids are out there. There's absolutely no point in speculating however and I don't understand what your purpose in doing this is at all. Innocent until proven guilty.


Echo that. This thread is uncalled for.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:28 am

The Jury wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:
Rude Boy wrote:I expected exactly what I am getting

People living in limbo for the last 15 years and still doubt it because they just don't want to believe it not unless it involves players they despise



The truth is they went after Barry and it blew up in their face


No one is living in limbo and no one is doubting that steroids are out there. There's absolutely no point in speculating however and I don't understand what your purpose in doing this is at all. Innocent until proven guilty.


Echo that. This thread is uncalled for.
horrible topic :-t
Image
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby slomo007 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:36 am

Calm down guys, this is a topic which has been mentioned many, many times before and will still be mentioned many times after today. I agree that it's not right to just flat out accuse people like that with no evidence whatsoever (not even circumstantial), but there is no reason to get upset at the poster because of it.

I'm just ready for the season to start so this speculation will be put to rest.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:42 am

This is my new "frivilous steroid thread" post:

Image
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby afromangettindrunk » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:16 am

no need to rip this guy a new one. not that there isnt already 627 threads about this but the guy was simply speculating. its something to consider, while it may not change your strategy during a draft, but who knows how the league will collectivley respond this year. i didnt factor in any possible regression for players who may or may not have used roids during my draft but im sure there are people who did. especially some players, as mentioned, who may fly under the media radar. speculation is all we can do now anyway.

im done with my senseless rambling and will now return to my bottle of captain :-]
Image
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 808
Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Albany, NY

Postby matmat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:19 am

pokey reese does 'roids
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4120
Joined: 12 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: North cross down

Postby matrick » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 am

I don't think it is dumb to think that people coming off performance enhancing drugs would probably play worse the next season. That's why they are called performance enhancing drugs.
You are only innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not in a baseball geek forum.
And If I want to speculate that Sheffield is more likely than Dunn to be coming off of roids going into 2005 I will go ahead and do that.
matrick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 70
Joined: 22 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:04 am

Why is it that anything remotely poltical is completely forbidden but silly threads like this can (and do) occur practically every day?

Sigh

Oh well, look- We could spend all day randomally accusing big power hitters of being on roids, simply because they are big and because they are power hitters. That would be a monstrous waste of time. The bottom line is this:

A) You haven't offered an ounce of justification on why you picked the players you picked and

B) With baseball's flimsy steroid policy, it is HIGHLY unlikely that anyone will miss any playing time due to steroids this year, so your point that these players should be avoided because they are on juice is hollow and untrue.

I don't mean to come across as bitter, but honestly, what was the point of starting this thread?
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby bselig » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:24 am

Take out JD Drew and add both Marcus and Brian Giiles to the list
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 948
Joined: 3 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:45 am

Would you mind offering at least some explaination for these accusations please? I really am curious as to your reasoning behind these. I'm not saying you're wrong, just looking for some justification.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 774
Joined: 3 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In first Place

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact