Day-to-day player rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Day-to-day player rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Day-to-day player rotation

Postby An Jiaoshi » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:42 pm

I'm pretty new to this whole fantasy baseball thing, so I could use some advice from the seasoned veterans.

I'm playing in a head-to-head league on Yahoo—four hitting/fielding categories, three pitching categories, so every week is like playing a seven-game series against my fantasy opponent.

I have the power to set a different lineup every single day if I want. My question is, should I trust the law of averages and allow certain positions to sit open when my starters aren't playing (generally only one day a week, but occasionally two), or should I rotate bench players in to cover those slots whenever possible? Does it depend on the quality of the bench player? On the stat categories?

To clarify: In week 3, all my starters are playing every day, so I obviously don't need to mess with my lineup. But in week 4, nobody is playing more than six days out of seven. If I can slip in a bench player on one of those off days, should I do so? What about in week 2, when I've got a couple of key players (Pujols and Rolen) playing only five days?
An Jiaoshi Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrider » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:44 pm

yes u should theres no point leaving some1 on the bench whose playing thats a no brainer.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:50 am

First off welcome to the cafe. ;-D

Its osunds like you are loking at MR's, and yes they would make an excellent sub for those days when your SP's don't throw. Its actually a very common strategy for Yahoo, and very much recommended.

As for player subs on the days when your regulars don't start, try and get a guy with multi position elig. Ideally a guy with a good BA and batting near the top of the batting order. since he is a sub, you cannot rely on the power bieng there whe you sub him in. A good BA and a few extra runs a week is always beneficial.

again welcome aboard.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Return to Baseball Leftovers