Noah Lowry SF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Noah Lowry SF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Noah Lowry SF

Postby GameOver » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:10 pm

I was looking at his numbers last year and this spring and he is not to bad.. He has also been starting this spring is he suppose to be a starter now or is that up in the air still cause I havent seen anything saying he is a starter.. If he isn't a starter does anyone see him starting soon??
Last edited by GameOver on Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameOver
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:13 pm

I like him to put up some decent numbers, nothing exceptional, but he could be a great arm to stash on your bench if it's a keeper league. I've read that people were worried hitters had figured him out, but that he has been working on some new pitches, and if I remember correctly he had a pretty good FB-change combo, or was working on it I think. Overall, I say he's worth a flier if you've got a roster spot. ;-D
Last edited by SaintsOfTheDiamond on Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby GameOver » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:17 pm

Yeah Noah sorry don't know where I got Nick from lol.. Do you think he will be a starter though.. I have my aces already just looking for some cheap decent pitchers in a NL only league..
GameOver
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:20 pm

I don't follow the Giants very closely, so I'm not really qualified to answer that probably, but I don't know who else SF has to start over him. He showed at the end of last year that he can hold his own, so I think they would at least give him a shot. In NL only, I think he's definitely worth a shot. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Jimbo OZ » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:20 pm

He should be starting. From memory, he received a lot of kudos from the Giants manager last year when he pitched against Pedro and Oswalt. I think he may have even won both games.

I think he will be a good 4th starter especially pitching at home.
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

My thoughts

Postby cakewalk5 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:37 pm

I was at the game where Lowry made his debut. He was carrying a no-hitter for quite a while into the game.

That should not be impressive, though. Lowry gets lucky sometimes. A ton of balls were hit just foul of the poles.

He throws a 90 MPH fastball and a 70's changeup, that's it. He can paint any part of the plate, but he only has two pitches. He's been working on a breaking ball, but it is not good enough yet. He could have a fabulous year because of his control, but he seems more like middle reliever material who could get shell shocked when hitters figure out his stuff.

I hope he surprises me though.
cakewalk5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:28 pm

Yes, he is starting. From Yahoo:

Pitcher Noah Lowry's six-inning performance on Monday drew praise from manager Felipe Alou. "He sure is an impressive young man," Alou told the Associated Press after the game. "He's got the whole package. He'll be our No. 4 starter -- as of now. He can do it all." Lowry gave up six hits and one run while striking out four Rangers.

Views
You heard Alou, mark Lowry down as the Giants' fourth starter. He has had only one poor outing this spring and is worth keeping an eye on early in the season, especially if you're in an NL-only league.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:33 pm

Yep, he is starting this year... Giants rotation is going to be Schmidt,
Rueter, Tomko, Lowry, and then J. Williams. From what I heard Cain will probably get a shot starting mid-summer, as well as Foppert who will be MR while he builds up strength in his elbow after his TJ surgery in '03
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eftda » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:34 am

Giants might move Tomko and Rueter this season to make room for Foppert or Cain. :-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GameOver » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:47 am

nettles3Ball-star wrote:Yes, he is starting. From Yahoo:

Pitcher Noah Lowry's six-inning performance on Monday drew praise from manager Felipe Alou. "He sure is an impressive young man," Alou told the Associated Press after the game. "He's got the whole package. He'll be our No. 4 starter -- as of now. He can do it all." Lowry gave up six hits and one run while striking out four Rangers.

Views
You heard Alou, mark Lowry down as the Giants' fourth starter. He has had only one poor outing this spring and is worth keeping an eye on early in the season, especially if you're in an NL-only league.
Thanks ;-D
GameOver
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers