Platooning Middle Infielders - Good Idea? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Platooning Middle Infielders - Good Idea?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Platooning Middle Infielders - Good Idea?

Postby ravenmad22 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:06 pm

I currently own Utley (MI) and Infante (Bench). I'm wondering if it might be a smart move to pick up Polanco (by dropping Infante) and platoon him with Utley (I have daily transactions, so I can stick Polanco in there against lefties and play Utley v. righties). I could also platoon Infante and Utley in a similar way.

I'm pretty high on utley's ability to hit 25 HR in that Citizens Bandbox, and Polanco ain't bad either. I'm not as high on Infante because I'm strong in SB's and think Infante's power may have been a mirage last year, considereing his minor league stats.

The downside of a platoon is that I lose a roster spot I could use on a middle reliever. The upside is if Polanco or Utley gets hurt, the healthy one will collect all the AB's.

I could also drop Utley or Infante and pick up Brendan Donnelly to bolster my pitching staff, if this is a better idea.

TIA!
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djack909 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:00 pm

I can platoon all positions accept C on all my teams. Thats why I have won at least 1/2 my leagues in the past.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers