simulated starts? Berkman vs. Clemens... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

simulated starts? Berkman vs. Clemens...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:06 pm

so0perspam wrote:
mrider wrote:clemens is sooo overated 18 million is a jokehes a piece of overated garbage. cant stand him.

Overrated? He won the frickin Cy Young award last season .... not good enough? ;-7 :-°

No 42 year old is worth 18 mil even if he won the Cy Young.
And to answer the simulated game question, they pop in a game of MVP 05 and play themselves, healthy :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bselig » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:10 am

He's not worth 18 million...
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Kavorka » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:41 am

He's worth EVERY penny of the 18 million he's making this year. Sure he's 42 years old. But he won the Cy Young last year and he got paid for it at a BARGAIN basement price. He gets his $$ a year later.

I don't understand how poeple say he shouldn't be making 18 million. Anyone want to guess what he made last year?
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:07 am

The Kavorka wrote:He's worth EVERY penny of the 18 million he's making this year. Sure he's 42 years old. But he won the Cy Young last year and he got paid for it at a BARGAIN basement price. He gets his $$ a year later.

I don't understand how poeple say he shouldn't be making 18 million. Anyone want to guess what he made last year?

Hes making like 4 million more than Randy Johnson, and 8 million more than Johan this year. Do you really think hes worth that much more than them? Randy should have won the CYN last year, if the committe wasnt so focused on team wins and such.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby nikku88 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:16 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Hes making like 4 million more than Randy Johnson, and 8 million more than Johan this year. Do you really think hes worth that much more than them? Randy should have won the CYN last year, if the committe wasnt so focused on team wins and such.

He's a little over paid this year, but vastly underpaid last year, so it all evens out. ;-)
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Kavorka » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:19 am

nikku88 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Hes making like 4 million more than Randy Johnson, and 8 million more than Johan this year. Do you really think hes worth that much more than them? Randy should have won the CYN last year, if the committe wasnt so focused on team wins and such.

He's a little over paid this year, but vastly underpaid last year, so it all evens out. ;-)

Exactamundo !!!

You shouldn't look at it for just this year.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blackbearabroad » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:06 pm

you won't find anyone who holds a bigger grudge against clemens then me but he is nasty. rember pitchers like derek lowe eric milton and kris benson are making 8-9. He's one of his generations best pitchers, if not the best, aside from the last couple years he had with boston hes been dominante for nearly ten years. and besides, santana isn't going price for his ability, hes a bargin

that being said, clemens sucks (juvinille i know)
He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school
blackbearabroad
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers