Fact or Fiction - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fact or Fiction

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fact or Fiction

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:34 pm

Well I got this from the football side and I thought it was pretty clever. It's based on the the show from ESPN, and its simple. What you do is say a Questions what you think will happen this year..and someone either answers fact or fiction and explains there answer. Then they ask a question. So i'll start off..

Scott Podsednik will lead the league in steals..?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fact or Fiction

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:39 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
Scott Podsednik will lead the league in steals..?

sounds fun i will give it a try.... Fact... pods will lead the league in steals with near 70 but he will also hit around 250 or so which in turn diminishes that 70 steals big time....

next one.....

The Devil Rays will finish 3rd this year in the AL East ahead of baltimore and toronto.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:41 pm

Fiction: Sammy Sosa defies all critics and still hits 50 homers to lead the offensive heavy Orioles to a third place finish in the division.

Fact or Fiction: Prior and Wood both stay healthy and lead the Cubs to a playoff spot?
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:46 pm

Fact or Fiction: Prior and Wood both stay healthy and lead the Cubs to a playoff spot?

Fact: I think this is the year they put it together and finally stay healthy, with them at full strength the cubbies can finally look to go far in the playoffs..With the batting they have and the pitching that is superb..they've got a shot.

Jason Giambi WILL hit over 30 HR?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ironman » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:46 pm

BigMusky wrote:Fiction: Sammy Sosa defies all critics and still hits 50 homers to lead the offensive heavy Orioles to a third place finish in the division.

I say fiction on Prior and Wood staying healthy. But the Cubs can still get a playoff spot if one of them misses some time. If both are gone for a long while, they are toast.

Fact or Fiction: Dan Haren will finish the year with more wins than Blanton or Meyer.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:01 pm

Fact or Fiction: Dan Haren will finish the year with more wins than Blanton or Meyer.

He will finish with more wins because I think hes a better pitcher in general..PLus he could get some wins because he has nice run support.

Fact or Fiction: Jason Giambi will hit over 30 HR?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DaQ » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:04 pm

go_jays_go wrote:

He will finish with more wins because I think hes a better pitcher in general..PLus he could get some wins because he has nice run support.

I believe Haren was part of the Mulder deal, so he's on Oakland along with Meyer and Blanton.

As for Giambi, he will NOT hit over 30 HR's, so that's fiction. Tino may start Opening Day for the Yanks and Giambi has so much on his mind right now it's a huge distraction.

Fact or Fiction: The New York Mets will finish in the top 2 in the NL East.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:04 pm

go_jays_go wrote:

Fiction, Injuries and a horrible average will cause Giambi to lose playing time and he will finish short of 30 homers...

Roy Halladay will be the come back player of the Year from his horrible 2004 season..?
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:10 pm

Roy Halladay will be the come back player of the Year from his horrible 2004 season..?

Pardon my bias to the jays but YES. He will be a beast this year, and come close to his Cy Young numbers minus the wins. As hard as it is to say it, the jays don't have enough run support. :-o

Barry Bonds will come back before mid-season?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:31 pm

To answer the unanswered, fiction the mets will not finish top 2 in the east as they will all spend time on the dl as they have done the past 2 seasons. The Phillies could be this years surprise.

Also, fact Barry bonds will be back before mid-seson. The outburst you heard was a diversion to help barry rehab without the press on his back. He wont be miss more than all of May.

FOF: Jeremy Reed will win the AL rookie of the year in 05'?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk