Inaugural Dynasty Draft - First Round - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Inaugural Dynasty Draft - First Round

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Inaugural Dynasty Draft - First Round

Postby yankee_cafe » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:49 am

12 teams - standard roto league.

How do you feel the first (and possibly second) round should progress?

Who do you feel should be taken earlier/later as opposed to a redraft league?

Thanks!
Can we build it?
yankee_cafe
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:01 am

I think the first 18 rounds should be devoted to who you think will help you win this year and then start drafting for the future. Of course, most of the players you draft in those first 18 will also be helping you for years to come. But I'd still take people like Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Mariano Rivera, Jim Thome et al in the first few rounds.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cooner » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:27 am

inaugaral draft of a 12 team H2H dynasty 7x7 (OBA and SLG, W L SV HLD ERA WHIP K/9)

I will only post the first four rounds, cause i'm not asking permission of my league mates, and many are on these boards. Note the snake, so the last person took Bonds and Thome in back-to-back picks. This was two or three weeks ago. Also be careful- some of these guys are playing particular H2H strategies, so some of the relievers taken by drafter #1 may not go so early. Otherwise I think this gives a pretty good idea.

1 A. Pujols Á. Rodríguez V. Guerrero C. Beltrán R. Johnson J. Santana A. Soriano T. Helton M. Ramírez B. Abreu M. Tejada B. Bonds
2 B. Lidge D. Ortiz A. Ramírez A. Béltre E. Gagne J. Schmidt M. Prior S. Rolen M. Cabrera C. Crawford I. Suzuki J. Thome
3 Fr. Rodríguez M. Teixeira C. Delgado D. Jeter G. Sheffield B. Sheets J. Pierre M. Giles P. Martínez C. Schilling R. Oswalt A. Dunn
4 J. Nathan J. Rollins M. Mora Ol. Pérez A. Huff M. Young E. Chávez B. Wagner J. Edmonds C. Zambrano J. Peavy V. Martínez
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby agchris02 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:46 pm

i wish id drafted with yall :)

ichiro lasted too long, j rollins at the start of the 4th is idiotic,

drafter 1: pujols, thome, krod is an dumb way to start the draft, he could have gone pujols, sheffield, pedro, and that would be down right scary

sheffield at the end of the 3rd.....why that late?
zambrano as the number 5 pitcher? dont like that either

but you see stuff like this in every draft, on the whole it looks fairly normal, a couple people could have MUCH better teams so far though

2 - arod, ichiro, tex, peavy -- great start
3 - vlad, crawford, delgado, zambrano -- avg
4 - beltran, cabrera, jeter, edmonds -- jeter too early, but other than that, fine
5 -- R Johnson, S Rolen, G Sheffield, B Wagner -- good team, but with some of the younger players available, i dont like this strategy (could have passed on rolen and taken cabrera, and gotten chavez two rounds later) -- he'll have a good team this year, but no future

and thats enough for now :)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cooner » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:28 pm

agchris02 wrote:i wish id drafted with yall :)

ichiro lasted too long, j rollins at the start of the 4th is idiotic,

drafter 1: pujols, thome, krod is an dumb way to start the draft, he could have gone pujols, sheffield, pedro, and that would be down right scary

sheffield at the end of the 3rd.....why that late?
zambrano as the number 5 pitcher? dont like that either

but you see stuff like this in every draft, on the whole it looks fairly normal, a couple people could have MUCH better teams so far though

2 - arod, ichiro, tex, peavy -- great start
3 - vlad, crawford, delgado, zambrano -- avg
4 - beltran, cabrera, jeter, edmonds -- jeter too early, but other than that, fine
5 -- R Johnson, S Rolen, G Sheffield, B Wagner -- good team, but with some of the younger players available, i dont like this strategy (could have passed on rolen and taken cabrera, and gotten chavez two rounds later) -- he'll have a good team this year, but no future

and thats enough for now :)

No, no no- you've got it all backwards. That's what I meant by the snake comment- the draft went 1st round, player 12 took Bonds, player 12 took Thome, player 11 took Ichiro... player 1 took Lidge, player 1 took KRod, etc etc

This is all a copy paste of the draft board from yahoo, so player 12's team after four rounds is Bonds, Thome, Dunn, and VMart.

So Ichiro was pick 14, Rollins went at the end of the 4th, etc etc. Some of the teams look wierd because it's H2H and people were playing funny pitching strategies, like taking all the closers. Most of the picks are pretty reasonable in my opinion (with the exception of Sheff falling so far. I guess he's old, but still...)
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers