Tejada is rolling! This is where he gets good - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada is rolling! This is where he gets good

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Thu May 08, 2003 7:51 pm

Yeah-he went 3-4 with a HR and 3 rbis. I just traded for him a couple of days and his stats have been great. I think hes coming out of his slump and is going to be back as the person he was

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Sponge » Thu May 08, 2003 8:16 pm

Tejada just hit another home run today, look at all you noobz saying he sucks...bet you feel dumb now doncha. Giabmi is in the same kind of slump that Tejada was in, does that mean he sucks? Umm...no i don't think so. Yee of little faith...shame on you all.
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Sponge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Thu May 08, 2003 8:20 pm

Mechanics Schemanics. Results are the only thing that count and that's what he's given. Speculation on mechanics is very intuative and objectively driven, but I bet a few scouts may have said the same thing and then Tejada stuck it up their pie hole with his final stats. I have a feeling you'll be in that pile of people Madison at the end of the year. Maybe you've just been comparing him to Arod too much. Anyone next to Arod would have flawed mechanics since Arod's are pretty much flawless.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Thu May 08, 2003 9:00 pm

tejada is a bonafide hitter, but his #s last year were somewhat over his head. he'll hit his 30 home runs.. he's done that for each of the last three seasons. but if you look at just his main #s, he's basically a .275/30/110 hitter. last season was his "career year', as he won MVP, hit .310/37/131. i don't think he'll drive in 130 runs again, unless he ends up playing short for the yankees or rangers. it doesnt seem like that'll happen.

miguel had some clutch moments last season, but that isnt him. in 2000 he wasn't the focal point of the a's offense, giambi was. in 2001 giambi was there also. last year, he wasn't expected to have the kind of year that he did, but he excelled... had a great year. so this year, the pressure is on the M-V-P to be an absolute stud... and evidently, i havent watched him play on TV or in person yet this season, he's trying to crush the ball and play over his head, as he's hitting .179, but with 7 home runs or so.

realistically, tejada is a solid shortstop if you wanna forsake average to have a good chance for 30 HRs out of that position. but if you want a 130 RBI guy, if you want a top 2 round pick who's guaranteed to produce top tier #s, tejada isn't your guy. i think that's why so many are frustrated with him this year. sure, he's slumping... but when you paid high for the guy, when his value put him up in a tier that he doesnt belong in, it's frustrating to see a #10-20 pick in the draft hit .180. if he was a #30-50 pick, like he was last season, then it's not the end of the world.

i can almost guarantee htat last season, early on, people weren't looking at their april fantasy rosters and going "yeah, miguel tejada will be THE DIFFERENCE and put me over the top because i'm going to outproduce everyone but a-rod at the position"... but this season, i think people viewed tejada as a crux of their lineup... and realistically, the kind of guys who can do that for you are your a-rods, your bondses, your guerreroes, your sosas, even your sorianos. but putting tejada that high up will only lead to frustration when you look at his career and see htat he's a .260-.275 hitter most years, and not a premier top tier rbi guy.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers