Tejada is rolling! This is where he gets good - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejada is rolling! This is where he gets good

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tejada is rolling! This is where he gets good

Postby Guest » Wed May 07, 2003 10:35 pm

He hit a homerun in his first at bat today. I think that this is the turning point for him and he will pick it up from now on.
I can just laugh at the sucker I stole him from!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Wed May 07, 2003 10:59 pm

dude...

I myself am a Tejada owner...

One home run does not constitute a major change...

Postby Madison » Thu May 08, 2003 6:22 am

That should tell everyone just how bad Tejada stinks. When a fantasy owner gets giddy over one home run. I drafted Dave Roberts for his steals and he hit a home run off Schilling a couple of weeks ago. That was a reason to celebrate. (he only had 3 hr last year). But then again Roberts could be a power hitter now.......yea right. Relax, you will have plenty of at bats to cuss Tejada this year.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wastemanagement » Thu May 08, 2003 10:43 am

geez, whats your deal with Tejada? Every time somebody mentions him you say he stinks or something of the sort. I noticed you have a Texas Rangers logo in your sig, are you just mad that your team would be great if it could ever find some pitching?[/i]
wastemanagement
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

um

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 08, 2003 11:12 am

yea man tejada still sucks.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Postby Madison » Thu May 08, 2003 5:10 pm

Yea, you got me. We need pitching help in a bad way. I agree with that.

As far as Tejada goes, when the Rangers signed Arod 2 years ago, I wasn't really sure if he was worth the money. So I started really watching Jeter, Nomar, and Tejada. Tejada was starting to come up and I thought maybe we could have gotten a better deal. But after watching Tejada's mechanics over the last couple of seasons I just don't see how he can be a bone-a-fide hitter year after year. I doubt he will ever repeat last years numbers unless he puts in a lot of time with a new hitting coach. I'm not trying to blast Tejada owners, I'm trying to warn them that Tejada is overrated and slumps like this are going to happen often with him. His hot streaks will not outweigh these slumps.

If I was headed the wrong way with a pitcher or a hitter, I'd apprectiate someone telling me why I might be expecting too much from them. I just give my opinion. I don't call anyone names, and I've never said Tejada stinks. I've just said that he's not going to put up the numbers everyone thinks he will. Sorry if my opinion is different from yours.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nero » Thu May 08, 2003 5:22 pm

how about 2 HRs and a double along with 5 RBIs in 2 games...

does THAT constitute a change?
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Thu May 08, 2003 5:45 pm

Oops, guess I did say Tejada stinks. Sorry.

He's had a good couple of games. That doesn't equal a whole season. I didn't say he would never have a good game or even a good week. I just said his hot streaks will not outweigh his slumps.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Guest » Thu May 08, 2003 6:34 pm

Madison wrote:He's had a good couple of games. That doesn't equal a whole season. I didn't say he would never have a good game or even a good week. I just said his hot streaks will not outweigh his slumps.

what do you mean if he can do it for a whole season. He had a great year last year mvp type season, and he had a good year in 2001. why do you act like he's some unproven player, that's ridiculous. This slow start is nothing new, Tejada started out slow last year he wasn't hitting at all until the summer. The entire Oakland A's team is notorious for starting out slow, last year around this time the A's were awful. He's gonna be fine, he's gonna get his .300 35 homers and 100 rbi.

Postby trippinonreality » Thu May 08, 2003 7:45 pm

I traded him (and someone) for Nomar (and someone) I hope he does return to form but in the end I'll be happier with Nomar.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers