T Gordon/J Rincon = fantasy stud SP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

T Gordon/J Rincon = fantasy stud SP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:39 am

if you can get solid innings, it doesn't really matter who you get them from. MR work just as well as SP except they take up the extra roster spot.

if guys like tom gordon are available on waivers, either your league is pretty shallow or your leaguemates arn't paying very good attention. ;-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Juhlz » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:46 am

Great idea and I have tried to somewhat apply the "lo theory" but with a MR or extra closer so that I can get an added benny of saves. The only problem I see is that you are taking 2 spots for 2 MR's that could be spots for SP's. Those 2 SP's, if average could net you somewhere around 300k's, 25wins, 3.85era, 1.29whip whereas 2 (somewhat unpredictable) MR's will net you 200k's, 17wins, 2.95era, 1.15whip. The loss of those 100 k's and 8 wins will drop in the standings 3-4 points in a roto league (or more). The better era and whip will not boost you more than 2 points. Is it worth the gamble? What am I missing.
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:04 am

Brushing up against an innings limit, possibly.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jjigglers » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:53 am

Juhlz wrote:Great idea and I have tried to somewhat apply the "lo theory" but with a MR or extra closer so that I can get an added benny of saves. The only problem I see is that you are taking 2 spots for 2 MR's that could be spots for SP's. Those 2 SP's, if average could net you somewhere around 300k's, 25wins, 3.85era, 1.29whip whereas 2 (somewhat unpredictable) MR's will net you 200k's, 17wins, 2.95era, 1.15whip. The loss of those 100 k's and 8 wins will drop in the standings 3-4 points in a roto league (or more). The better era and whip will not boost you more than 2 points. Is it worth the gamble? What am I missing.

my way of making it work is keeping two bench hitters max, usually one, and therefore having extra spots in my bullpen.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers