Making Fantasy a Reality - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Making Fantasy a Reality

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Making Fantasy a Reality

Postby Arlo » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:07 pm

For our very first interview, we wanted to do something special.

We wanted to go beyond stats, strategies and sleepers and take a look at the emotions that baseball arouses in us, and the fantasies it provokes. Talking to the folks at the Oregon Baseball Campaign was a great way to explore those themes. The enthusiasm I encountered, not only for their campaign, but for the sport itself, was unbelievable. Baseball is truly a sport that fantasies are made of.

Let us know what you think about bringing a franchise to Portland. Will it happen? Is it a good idea?

Maury Brown & company certainly managed to make believers out of me... :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Maury Brown AKA TeddyBallGameRules Interview

Postby SeattleHawk94 » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:39 pm

Hello! I'm a newbie on this site and a staff member at the OBC...We are very proud that you chose Maury as your first interview on this site, it feels like a team award for our staff and site..

The interview was very well done. We are all very excited to be getting national recognition for our cause and we thank you for your interest in bringing MLB to the state of Oregon...

We welcome any folks who would like to talk baseball over there on our forums as well as we hope our members use your wonderful site...Thanks to Arlo and his staff over here for an excellent interview...

SeattleHawk94
Research Assistant at the Oregon Baseball Campaign
Anaheim Angels 2002 World Champions
SeattleHawk94
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Arlo » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:23 pm

Thanks for the kudos - I have to pass the compliments right back to the folks at the Oregon Baseball Campaign for making this interview happen.

By the way, do take SeattleHawk94 up on his invitation - there#s some fun baseball talk on the OBC forums.

And with the latest developments, it's possible that the campaign to bring major league ball to Portland will be getting a lot more national attention in the foreseeable future... ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Article Discussions