Brian Giles could start tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brian Giles could start tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brian Giles could start tonight

Postby EricF » Wed May 07, 2003 5:35 pm

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says:

It appears likely Brian Giles will be activated by the Pirates in time to start tonight.

"I can play," Giles said yesterday after another round of early batting practice and outfield work.

So what's the holdup?

The Pirates likely are deciding what roster move to make to activate Giles. Plus they want to evaluate Giles this afternoon before activating him.

"It's prudent on our part to make sure he's healthy," Manager Lloyd McClendon said. "We don't want to have any setbacks. We'll take every precaution we can possibly take. [But] he looks real good. I'm very pleased with what I've seen."
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EricF » Wed May 07, 2003 6:43 pm

He is in the announced starting lineup for Wednesday against Houston!
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Wed May 07, 2003 6:45 pm

Unfortunately, I can't activate him for tonight because I have to drop another player to take him off the DL and that doesn't take effect until tomorrow. Do you think that I should get him in the lineup right away or wait for him to start hitting?
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby EricF » Wed May 07, 2003 6:59 pm

I'm in the same boat. Watch how he does tonight. Swinging a good bat, or rusty? Agressive on the basepaths, or tentative? That will give you a good idea whether to subsitute him for another of your players tomorrow, and the rest of the week.

By the way, I decided to drop Shannon Stewart tonight, so Giles is available for me tomorrow. (Stewart was leading my team in TB, but not hard to cut when I have Guerrero, Berkman, and Giles, with utility man of Derrek Lee or Dave Roberts.)
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 08, 2003 11:46 am

One league I had him on the bench so he is in for tonight, but I have him on the DL in another league and I'm going to wait and see.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Guest » Thu May 08, 2003 3:42 pm

He's doing alright as I type this. 2 RBI's already. ;-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers