Tell me about Bobby Madritsch! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tell me about Bobby Madritsch!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tell me about Bobby Madritsch!

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:05 am

This guy has totally crept under my radar. I gotta admit I havent paid much attention to Seattle's pitching outside of Pineiro, and looking at this guy's stats, he was impressive last year. He is 29 this season so he is hardly a prospect but he had some nice numbers in the key areas:

88 IP
60 K
33 BB (probably more than you would like)
3 HR (how do you explain that?)
3.27 ERA
1.22 WHIP

Looks like a fairly decent end of rotation starter to me.....am I missing something? Do people see him sliding backwards?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blackbearabroad » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:30 am

Well I don’t have anything particularly insightful about the guy, but he’s an Amerindian out of Chicago and a feel good story pitcher…

As far as fantasy value, unproven defines him, most of his minor league experience was with independent league teams, he’s older and will be 29 or 30 this year but missed a lot of time with a couple shoulder surgeries. I know going into camp he was the 4th starter, but there was supposed to be some competition, I think that’s still where he is in the rotation although hes had a bit of a rough spring. I’d describe him as WW material with middle of the pack peripherals, although he gets decent k’s (around 6 kper9). When he starts he tends to throw a lot of pitches, and last year the coaches let him work his way through jams.
By far his change up is his best pitch; he also throws a fastball (90-92) and a decent slider. Last year’s numbers were pretty good and as a result in a deep league he could make a decent 5th, or maybe 4th if he surprises, starter.
He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school
blackbearabroad
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ccjj17 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:47 am

I had him for the last part of last year. He's got good stuff. I would say his only potential downfall would be his composure. He appears to be an emotional character. He's odd looking too. Tatoos all over his arms.

That being said, I think Seattle will be better this year and I see him being worth a late round pick.
ccjj17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:54 pm

He's slated to be the #4 guy in the rotation. He's had a so-so spring while the guys that are fighting for the #5 spot (Sele & Franklin) have had good springs.

He's got good stuff but he's no lock for the whole season.
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers