Am I overthinking? Contreras or Francis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I overthinking? Contreras or Francis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:48 am

Except Detroit is a LOT better team than they were 2 years ago. And just about any SP is a decent bet against KC and that lineup they are going to present. So I think Francis in spot duty work on the road is a more viable option.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:26 am

Detroits improvement, touche ;-D , good argument.
TheYanks04 wrote: Except Detroit is a LOT better team than they were 2 years ago. And just about any SP is a decent bet against KC and that lineup they are going to present. So I think Francis in spot duty work on the road is a more viable option.

Their offense was much better last year 2004, than 2003. I agree with the implied assessment that 2005 will be a much better offense and team than 2004 as well. However I think Contreras is a pitcher affected strongly bye confidence and emotion. He has the Tiger's number maybe. He was at his better form of each of the past two season's pitching against them.

Finally haveing his personal life, ala family situation settled to his desire, could be a positive sign also.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blackbearabroad » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:54 am

Interesting points system Rhino Tuff, whats the rest of it? It catches my eye because it emphasizes the importance of middle relievers, ala actually baseball. Generally undervalued in fantasy, lack of BP depth can kill teams in reality (just ask NY)
blackbearabroad
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rhino Tuff » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:02 pm

We play a fairly standard mixed league 12 team H2H points system (which a lot of people seem to their noses up to for some reason :-? )

Hitting
Single - 1 point
Double - 2 points
Triple - 3 points
Homer - 4 points
RBI - 1 point
SB - 2 Points
Run - 1 point
BB - 1 point

Pitching
BBI - -0.5
CG - 5
ER - -0.5
Holds - 8
Inning - 1 point
K - 1 point
Saves - 8 points
Wins - 10 points

It's all about the points, maximize or lose, it makes for a fun summer. Sometimes with Roto you can be out of it by the end of the draft, plus it makes it a lot of fun to calculate the points while you are watching the game, something that is hard to do in a strict stats league... :-D
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers