illini!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

illini!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:50 pm

I hope all Arizona fans suck on a big fat Illini...... that was the greatest comeback I have ever seen by any team of mine. Time to spank the Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:52 pm

AngelFan416 wrote:Anybody else think the refs stunk it up? Just asking.

Because I definetely thought so.

Props to the Illini.

They really let them play that's for sure. I guess if you didn't have an appendage missing or hanging by a thread it wasn't a foul. It was equally bad at both ends though, so neither team has a gripe IMO.

bost0n wrote:I wish Illinois could have proved that they were the number one team in the nation somewhere other than CHICAGO.

I wonder how much of an effect that had too, but that's what you get for being the No. 1 team in the nation, so I'm not going to take anything away from them for that. Hopefully there will be just as many LOU fans to neutralize that advantage in the overly-corporate environment of STL.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby BigMusky » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:53 pm

**EDIT**

Big musky...Don't make post like this.... }:-)

DHC
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby AngelFan416 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:19 am

^^ What? I'm not trying to take anything away from the Illini. They deserved this. All I'm saying is that this game was poorly officiated. Sometimes it's good.
AngelFan416
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JTWood » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:20 am

AngelFan416 wrote:^^ What? I'm not trying to take anything away from the Illini. They deserved this. All I'm saying is that this game was poorly officiated. Sometimes it's good.

Don't mind him. He's not usually like this. He's probably been drinking the wine of victory all night.

:-)
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:23 am

Great game. I was thinking with 11 seconds left that Illinios should just foul Arizona, give up 2 points, and then have 10 seconds to score, but it didn't matter because Arizona took so long to get the shot off.

But who cares guys? Its just an NCAA game, whats REALLY been intense is women's NIT. :-D
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:41 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:Great game. I was thinking with 11 seconds left that Illinios should just foul Arizona, give up 2 points, and then have 10 seconds to score, but it didn't matter because Arizona took so long to get the shot off.

That would be extremely stupid :-?
Anyways great game ;-D I was at a friends house and we all thought that stoudamire would get that last shot. I don't agree with the play call by Lute but I'm not really the one to question him.

Anyways props to the illini, hope to see them against UNC in the finals (right JT ;-) )
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JTWood » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:46 am

Mustangs989 wrote:Anyways props to the illini, hope to see them against UNC in the finals (right JT ;-) )

Definitely!

I can't wait to see the "Chumps" avatar strutting around the Cafe... :-)
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:03 am

wow... 2 of the best ball games ever played to get to the final four... big props to all 4 teams for playing their hearts out.... and if i was a arizona fan,,,i know he has won a lot of games as a coach, but i would really be questioning olsen right now.....final 3 minutes, frye, the most dominant player playing yesterday, does not touch the ball..... and then with 10 seconds to go, you draw up a 3 point shot play instead of a high low with frye that had worked all game except maybe twice...... anyways great games for lousiville and illinois as i think their semifinal in stlouis will be studly for sure..... and i hope the 2 games today are as good but i for some reason dont think they will.... i think unc and mich st will win pretty easily( at least by 8 or so anyways).....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk