Strategy for an odd 6x6 league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Strategy for an odd 6x6 league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Strategy for an odd 6x6 league?

Postby tweak420 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:13 pm

this is a 12 team roto 6x6 league, nonkeeper
Cats:
Hitters: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS (this is why its odd, why have ops and avg?)
Pitchers: W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

So I guess to balance out holds they added ops, but i wish they had added K's or Total Bases for hitters instead of avg. Whats the point of avg. and ops? I assume thats abnormal but i'm not used to anything over 5x5. Other oddities include:
25 roster spots: Normal for hitters + extra IF spot
Pitchers: 3 SP, 3 RP, 4 P
5 Bench
No max innings pitched limit
Anyone with experience who has strategies for these types of leagues?
I was thinking placing a premium on pitchers, because that is 10 pitchers every day!
Also I guess I would bump soriano and crawford (guys with bad ops) down maybe 5 slots.
Another question, where to top holders fall, like otsuka? Because he is almsot as valuable as lidge. So would I put him around 100 overall? I am really confused on how to account for all this stuff, any ideas?
Thanks

Edit* This will be an autodrafted league
tweak420
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cooner » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:02 pm

just when I thought you had a pretty reasonable league, you go and say it's autodraft. Bah. That's gonna make things tough.

Yes, middle relievers are worth as much as closers, but yahoo won't have them preranked as high, and others won't rank them as high, so they'll go later. Take a look at OPS- you might be able to get some value picks who aren't worth as much in a regular 5x5 draft, so they won't be ranked as high.

Otherwise, there's not much you can do since it's autodraft. I wouldn't worry too much about the large number of pitchers... a middle reliever or two will fill those extra slots.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers