Yahoo question - help would be appreciated! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo question - help would be appreciated!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo question - help would be appreciated!

Postby hookem2003 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:26 pm

Ok, I'm trying to pick up Od. perez off of waivers and I now I have a trade pending. They go down on the same day, so is there a way to not drop one of my players for the waiver claim since the trade leaves an open bench spot?
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:30 pm

I'm guessing you're going to have to hope that spot opens up before the waivers are processed (approximately 5AM EST tomorrow) or else it may not let you do it...Don't you have to say which player you are dropping to make a claim anyway? I doubt it can be the same player as one you are trading.

But don't quote me on this...check the Yahoo rules for more info.

This may come into effect if you try to waive players you're trading:
Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball Rules wrote:In order for a trade to be valid, all players involved must still be on the same team they were when the deal was accepted. If they are not, the trade will automatically be rejected. In order to prevent players involved in pending trades from being dropped or waived, managers will not be allowed to make any such transactions involving any players involved a trade once it has been accepted.

:-/
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hookem2003 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:38 pm

I'm not trying to waive a player I traded. I traded 4 guys for 2, so I'll have two extra spots on my roster. But I have to drop another to have the waiver claim go through. So I'll have 3 extra spots on my roster and a player I don't really want to drop will be exposed to waivers, as it stands right now.
hookem2003
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:42 pm

hookem2003 wrote:I'm not trying to waive a player I traded. I traded 4 guys for 2, so I'll have two extra spots on my roster. But I have to drop another to have the waiver claim go through. So I'll have 3 extra spots on my roster and a player I don't really want to drop will be exposed to waivers, as it stands right now.

Well, then my first thought is probably what you need to hope for.

If the trade goes through before 5 AM the day after the waiver period is over, then you're fine. It will just put the new player in the open spot.

But, if the trade doesn't go through, you're going to need to drop another player...so I guess it depends how late you want to stay up! :-o
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers