How long is Griffey going to last this time? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How long is Griffey going to last this time?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Conner » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:02 pm

How about while he is healthy?

How well do you think he'll play while he is in the lineup?
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 760
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:16 am

Griffey has been fine all Spring, his old injuries aren't showing signs of bothering him, he's been training especially hard to avoid future injuries, call me an optimist but I have a good feeling for him this year. 35+ homers 100 runs 100 rbis
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:18 am

Amazinz wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:Mark my words, Griffey will not go on the DL once this year.

Obviously your forecast skills are as horrid as your politics. :-D


Hey Amaziniz, could you tell me why there is an aura of silence in regards to anything poltical? I took a long break from the Cafe due to school and now that I have come back, not only is the forum gone but when someone mentions anything poltical it is quickly shot down and censored? Is there something I missed?
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:22 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:Mark my words, Griffey will not go on the DL once this year.

Obviously your forecast skills are as horrid as your politics. :-D


Hey Amaziniz, could you tell me why there is an aura of silence in regards to anything poltical? I took a long break from the Cafe due to school and now that I have come back, not only is the forum gone but when someone mentions anything poltical it is quickly shot down and censored? Is there something I missed?

The Mods locked the politics forum because it was only meant for the election. Politics in the other forums only leads to bad stuff so I guess that's why it's shunned.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:29 am

Amazinz wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:Mark my words, Griffey will not go on the DL once this year.

Obviously your forecast skills are as horrid as your politics. :-D


Hey Amaziniz, could you tell me why there is an aura of silence in regards to anything poltical? I took a long break from the Cafe due to school and now that I have come back, not only is the forum gone but when someone mentions anything poltical it is quickly shot down and censored? Is there something I missed?

The Mods locked the politics forum because it was only meant for the election. Politics in the other forums only leads to bad stuff so I guess that's why it's shunned.


Doesn't that completely go against the principles of democracy?


Anyway,nice job taking advantage of anti Griffey hype.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby Conner » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:34 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
CrazyPooja90 wrote:Mark my words, Griffey will not go on the DL once this year.

Obviously your forecast skills are as horrid as your politics. :-D


Hey Amaziniz, could you tell me why there is an aura of silence in regards to anything poltical? I took a long break from the Cafe due to school and now that I have come back, not only is the forum gone but when someone mentions anything poltical it is quickly shot down and censored? Is there something I missed?

The Mods locked the politics forum because it was only meant for the election. Politics in the other forums only leads to bad stuff so I guess that's why it's shunned.


Doesn't that completely go against the principles of democracy?


No.

Thats just silly.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 760
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:37 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:Doesn't that completely go against the principles of democracy?

I don't really want to get into an argument over this but I don't think the Cafe is a democracy. It's not like we pay for this service. I guess you can call it a Duarchy. :-D

Maybe you can ask about it in the suggestions forum.

CrazyPooja90 wrote:Anyway,nice job taking advantage of anti Griffey hype.

Was this meant as a joke? Griffey hasn't come close to a full season in 4 years. If you think a bum on your DL is an advantage more power to you. :-b
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:41 am

CrazyPooja90 wrote:Anyway,nice job taking advantage of anti Griffey hype.

Was this meant as a joke? Griffey hasn't come close to a full season in 4 years. If you think a bum on your DL is an advantage more power to you. :-b[/quote]

No joke. I don't see any evidence that the past injuries are still a problem today, that being said, Griffey still has an incredible amount of talent still left in him.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby Kelly Gruber » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:21 am

I love this. tThe same argument happens before every year. All we can say about this is 2 things:
1) There is astrong probability that Griffey will again land himself on the DL. I think most would agree with this statement.
2) Because most think this way, some will get him really cheap.

We can guess all we want about how he'll do next year, but all we really know is what I said above.
An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer
Kelly Gruber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 357
Joined: 24 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:24 am

I still think there should be a "Guess the day Gimpy lands on the DL" contest on every respectable BBS. A lot of fun seeing who can stumble into the right day.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact