Furcal or Rollins?? Who would you rather have?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Furcal or Rollins?? Who would you rather have??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:58 pm

I'm not very experienced with H2H, so I'm not sure if balance is as important as in Roto, but I'm not sure either trade makes sense for you. The strength of both Furcal and Rollins is their stolen bases, but you already have Crawford and Abreu, which should pretty well cover steals. On the other hand, if you trade Beckett, your rotation becomes fairly weak. Peavy's good, and Buehrle's very solid, but Bonderman is far from a sure thing. So, unless some facet of H2H strategy makes it good to have a surplus of steals and greatly reduces the importance of starting pitching, I'd probably hold onto Beckett.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby On Parole » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:39 am

I had Rollins last year and moved him just before he heated up so I'm bitter and biased. I would take Furcal based on the fact that he is consistant. You have a better history to draw on with Furcal.
Joe G..
STL

One man gathers what another man spills. Hunter /Garcia
As the circle of light increases, so must the amount of darkness.. A. Einstein
On Parole
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Steve-o » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:49 am

I guess I believe some of the Rollins hype and here's why.

1. Power. Rollins will likely hit 5-8 more HRs this year. I see something like 15 to 10.

2. I think the Phillies have a slightly better offensive lineup in a better offensive park. Thus Rollins will likely have more RBIs and a slightly better average.

3. Injury. Even though Furcal's injury last year was a freak accident (broken finger if I remember), you cannot deny the fact Rollins doesn't miss games.

Everything else is pretty equal. SB will likely be very similar (30 or so), both have about the same K rate, both have about the same walk rate, and both are roughly the same age (Rollins 26, Furcal 27).

I have Rollins around pick 45, Furcal around 65, and Beckett around 70. So maybe Furcal is a better gamble at that draft position, but for the season I would prefer Rollins and woudl take him over Beckett.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers