Cliff Lee or Nate Robertson ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Lee or Nate Robertson ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Lee or Nate Robertson ?

Postby Surfs up » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:06 pm

Robertson $4.00 Lee $5.00 . Similar stats all the way around. Both started strong last year and weakened the second half. Both gave up about 30 homeruns. But going against what might be the norm. I am leaning toward taking Robertson. I think he gets m,ore run support. I also think the Tigers have a better bullpen.And the ballpark won't hurt either.Oh and that $1.00 savings could buy me another player at the end of the draft. Your comments please.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:48 pm

I would save a buck and take Robertson. The Tigers have a better pen and a pitcher's park. Nate Robertson took a big step up last season and I think he will continue to develop.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:48 pm

Personally, I like Lee better. I know their numbers are similar, I just think Lee has the better potential to be a factor this year.
"How's the smut business, Jackie?"
Jackie Treehorn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:52 pm

personally i like lee better than robertson but that one dollar savings could mean a lot to you at the end of the auction.... just depends on what your team needs are now imo.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:56 pm

Nate Robertson for sure. I owned both last year and if I got the feeling that Nate ate up more innings in his starts whereas Cliff usually went 6 inning deeps and needed luck on his side to keep decent ratios.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:49 pm

Lee has dynamite stuff, but his command is still questionable. If he harnesses his control, he is a top of the rotation guy. Robertson is probably more reliable at this point, but doesn't have Lee's upside. As for your choice, it depends on whether you can afford to gamble or need to go the safe route.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:21 pm

Lee more for the Ks
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:23 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:Lee more for the Ks

Agreed.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Surfs up » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:26 pm

Looking at projections from different sites. The K's doesn't appear to be a big difference. An average of 10-15 for the year. with the $1.00 savings I might get a pitcher that gets me 125 K's. seems to me its a net gain of about 110 K's plus the other catagories in our 5x5 AL only. ERA WHIP Wins, K's and Saves. I think I like the pluses more with Robertson. Better offense, Bigger ball park and cheaper by $1.00
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby agchris02 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:37 pm

I still like lee more, even for a buck more -- i just think his upside is much much higher and could be in for a good yr -- robertson....well just not sold on him at all (never am with anyone on detriot)
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers