Barry Bonds Journal... this is too funny - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds Journal... this is too funny

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Barry Bonds Journal... this is too funny

Postby red » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:30 am

This is totally serious, taken from Barry Bonds' journal on his own official website. I know lots of you guys are Bonds lovers, just stop reading, I'm not trying to get under your skin. The rest of us will think this is a hoot. Check out the link at:

http://barrybonds.mlb.com/players/bonds ... atest.html

The quote is here:

My family has been incredibly supportive of me because playing baseball is what I've always wanted to do. But there has to come a time when I take some of this (muscular) weight off and forget what other people think or want me to do.

If I want to live until I'm 80 years old, I'm going to have to become a leaner-type, cardio-type individual who keeps his heart rate up. I'm not going to fight that losing battle against my weight when I'm retired and my metabolism slows down.

My family cares about me being healthy. They want me to be healthy when I'm 50, 70 years old. They want me to think about the long term. They make a valid point. I'm going to be 41 this year. They ask me: "Are you going to keep beating yourself up?"

Methinks Barry might be about 160 pounds when he returns from his injury... more, um, cardio-sensitive... or something....
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pochucker » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:37 pm

That is a hoot! "Pardon me while I go get off steriods - ill be back when im off!" I love it!

Or is it -- "Maybe they wont test me while Im on disabled list and ill get clean then come back."
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby red » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:47 pm

Pochucker wrote:That is a hoot! "Pardon me while I go get off steriods - ill be back when im off!" I love it!

Or is it -- "Maybe they wont test me while Im on disabled list and ill get clean then come back."

Actually, according to the agreement, they are not allowed to test anyone on the DL.
Serious, that's a rule. So yes, I think you may well have hit in on the head.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TownDrunk » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:00 pm

Gee, maybe a leaner body might actually help is troubled knee?

Could that be a possibility? :-°
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:02 pm

wow i cant believe barry bonds has a blog. 8-o whatever he says draws my interest, but i just dont buy any of it.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blackbearabroad » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:39 pm

thats great, thanks for the info on the testing policy too red i didn't know that
blackbearabroad
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bselig » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:59 pm

the best part of his blog, BY FAR, is the "shoutouts" section, just a list of random people at the end of a BARRY BONDS BLOG ENTRY...absolutely fantastic, i wonder what kind of sick connections you need to have to be getting repped there? mailman? chef's assistant? or a fan who rights in and requests it? do i ever have a chance of being as revered as these people are????
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bselig » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:00 pm

writes too
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mbuser » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:14 pm

great stuff -- i wish bonds well in his quest to lose his (muscular) weight. the switch to actual flaxseed oil should help
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:39 pm

bselig wrote:the best part of his blog, BY FAR, is the "shoutouts" section, just a list of random people at the end of a BARRY BONDS BLOG ENTRY...absolutely fantastic, i wonder what kind of sick connections you need to have to be getting repped there? mailman? chef's assistant? or a fan who rights in and requests it? do i ever have a chance of being as revered as these people are????

More like supplier of flaxseed oil, food suppliments and vitamins.

Let's translate into plain English...When I retire, I am getting off the roids as quickly as I can.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers