Hideki Matsui......Hittin cleanup? MVP candidate? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hideki Matsui......Hittin cleanup? MVP candidate?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:04 pm

Is he hitting cleanup? What Im seeing his him in the 5th or 6th hole. I'd really like to know, because I have him in 2 leagues because I think hes undervalued. If hes hitting cleanup then I got him at even more of a steal.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Conner » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:44 pm

I can't see Matsui batting any lower than fifth.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Conner » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:05 pm

No less an authority than Mariano Rivera believes Matsui is a legitimate MVP candidate on a team loaded with potential MVPs in Gary Sheffield, Derek Jeter, Randy Johnson and Alex Rodriguez.

"I would say yes," said Rivera, who pitched a perfect inning in yesterday's 7-4 win over the Astros at Legends Field. "He could possibly do it. He is amazing.

"You saw him the first year and he was so good," Rivera said, explaining why he thinks Matsui will reach new heights this season. "You saw him last year and he was better and you see him now and it's like, incredible."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/43301.htm
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Jury » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:47 pm

Frances The Mute wrote:please stop hijacking my post, I changed "Jap" to something else, how abbreviating his nationality is racist i don't know, but this post is more about hyping Matsui ok

To me, it is just uncalled for to bring up his nationality in that context. "How much better can this Jap get?" I don't see any other players or minority or not ancestry having their nationality brought up when posing the question "how good can he get or how good will he be this year?"
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Conner » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:54 pm

The Jury wrote:
Frances The Mute wrote:please stop hijacking my post, I changed "Jap" to something else, how abbreviating his nationality is racist i don't know, but this post is more about hyping Matsui ok

To me, it is just uncalled for to bring up his nationality in that context. "How much better can this Jap get?" I don't see any other players or minority or not ancestry having their nationality brought up when posing the question "how good can he get or how good will he be this year?"

Dude....he said it 3 days (and 4 pages in this thread) ago....and has edited it and hasn't even responded recently...

Can't we just drop it?

Even if the guy is a terrible person who hates all asians....Who cares? Is there really any point in discussing that on a fantasy baseball messageboard?
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers