Rate this AWESOME team and leave a link for yous - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate this AWESOME team and leave a link for yous

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate this AWESOME team and leave a link for yous

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:18 am

H2H 12 Teams

C-Jason Kendall 11.9
1B-Brad Wilkerson 16.4
2B-Jose Vidro 9.9
3B-Eric Chavez 3.9
SS-Kaz Matsui 13.9
OF-Manny Ramirez 1.9
OF-Miguel Cabrera 2.4
OF-Hideki Matsui 5.9
Ulti-David Wright 8.4
Bench-Troy Glaus 15.9
Bench-CoCo Crisp 18.4

SP-Ben Sheets 4.4
SP-Oliver Perez 6.4
P-Roy Halladay 7.9
P-Brandon Webb 14.4
P-Ted Lilly 17.9
RP-Bradon Looper 10.4
RP-Danys Baez 12.4
Bench-Mike Gonzalez 19.9
Bench-Kevin Millwood 20.4
Bench-Esteban Loaiza 21.9

By the way, I didn't mean to draft Wright. It's not a bad pick, but it screws me out of any flexibitlity by taking up the Ultility :-/
Last edited by curious_george_43545 on Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikepfannon » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:55 am

i would definetly try to make a move for another SP if its significant at all in your league. i like your stratagy of kaz, cameron is looking good and beltran should give kaz a good oppertunity to do something with his batting. there is a decent amount of deepth at OF out there and cabrera and matsui should have OUTSTADING years as they have better hitting around them as well. i would try to make a move with manny ramirez, there are other players you can put in OF that have power - or you could put a guy with some speed and decent hitting, like winn in seattle, great lineup around him should bring better stats. manny has a TON of name value so you should be able to really secure a top 2B and maybe some pitching depth

please look at my team
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=106114
mikepfannon Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsjerk » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:06 am

Your OF, SP and 3B are great. You also made some good pick ups for your other INF positions and UTIL. I question your RP, but with the rest of your team you could punt saves and keep who you have.

Can you take a look at my team? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=106201
sportsjerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby klvrdude » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:28 am

I think you are lacking a some speed, but in H2H maybe you're doing this on purpose to win the other categories. Along those same lines you have a couple 2 hole hitters (mainly 3 and 4 hole hitters), but no lead-off hitters which may let you down in Runs production. HR, RBI and AVG should be no problem for you....this assumes you're playing a standard 5X5

Also, I'm not too keen on your deep pitchers. I think you can do better than Lilly and Webb. I would think you would be better off taking a chance on a young pitcher like Harden, Blanton, Kazmir, etc.

All in all, I'd give your team a B and you should win most weeks H2H.

I would appreciate any feedback you have for me:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=105693
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pedros2Seam2YourHead » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:35 am

trade chavez or wright for a power 1B Konerko Tex Delgado someone like that to get more use outta UTIL, 3B is a more sparce position than people think 10 solid one or so
Pedros2Seam2YourHead
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsgalore » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:53 am

im not sure if it's your strategy but you are lacking some speed...you have 3 legit 3b in wright chavez and glaus (his should will be fine) - id most definitely trade chavez as he would bring you the most value and get a speedster or maybe another SP, or RP....putting glaus in at util could bring you just as much as someone like dunn...

please see mine http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=106211
Last edited by sportsgalore on Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsgalore
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Klutch » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:06 am

Outfield is great. Infiled, beyond chanvez, is suspect. I would def try to get a better firstbaseman over wilkerson. Kendall is not going to help you much either but your OF maybe able to carry you a little. your SP is really good but you will suffer in saves with those two. hopefully Mike gonzales starts closing sooner rather than later as we all expect. that should help mid season.

I would try to trade 2 players for a first baseman. try like Manny and Matsui for Tex and Jeter or something like that or Manny/cabrera and kendall for V-mart and paterson. something like that to help your infield.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=106273
Klutch
College Coach
College Coach

Postby coolarmadillo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:11 am

i don't know much about head to head leagues, but i like your team. someone mentioned that you should improve your SP...i actually think they are solid although i'd like to have an anchor on a better team than milwaukee or pittsburgh. i know hindsight is 20-20, but in my leagues the 2nd tier of 3B have been lasting at least through the 4th round and sometimes longer (depending on where you consider the talent drop-off)...i might have looked to grab someone like oswalt or hudson with my 3rd round pick instead of Chavez and then maybe Blalock or Huff in the 4th or 5th...again, not knocking sheets or chavez...that's just my preference for anchors on winning teams (and with longer track records).

please rate my team:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=106259
coolarmadillo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:02 pm

the speed thing want on purpose but when I realized my lack of speed I offered Manny and Baez or Looper whoever he wants for Crawford and Kolb-That should help me in saves a little bit more and speed
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team