2nd year fantasy player - rate my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

2nd year fantasy player - rate my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd year fantasy player - rate my team

Postby mikepfannon » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:38 pm

hello, thanks for taking a look - this is my second season doing baseball, and im playing in a custom yahoo leage with my brother and law and friends HUGE BRAGING RIGHTS

its a 14 team head to head yahoo league with 24 players a team and two utill spots - standard yahoo catagories with addition of FP, OBP and K/9

C B. Molina (LAA - C)
1B C. Delgado (Fla - 1B)
2B C. Figgins (LAA - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
SS D. Jeter (NYY - SS)
OF P. Burrell (Phi - OF)
OF M. Cameron (NYM - OF)
Util J. Morneau (Min - 1B)
Util J. Giambi (NYY - 1B)
BN C. Crisp (Cle - OF)
BN R. Winn (Sea - OF)

SP R. Clemens (Hou - SP)
SP B. Sheets (Mil - SP)
RP T. Hoffman (SD - RP)
RP B. Looper (NYM - RP)
P J. Rincón (Min - RP)
P M. Batista (Tor - SP,RP)
P D. Haren (Oak - SP,RP)
BN C. Sabathia (Cle - SP)
BN J. Lieber (Phi - SP)
BN K. Rogers (Tex - SP)

i just traded Pujols and Uirbe for Beltre and H. Matsui. I fell i was deep at 1b after picking up giambi from FA so i made a move to better my 3b and OF

any advice? thanks
mikepfannon Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikepfannon » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:44 am

forgot to mention, i am on the computer all the time and a statistical analyst, so i will rate your team right away in return
mikepfannon Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Big Papi » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:56 am

I like the pitching. Clemens/Sheets is nice, and lieber IMO is a nice sleeper this year. Also thing the closers are good, not solid, but good in hoffman and looper, maybe try and trade batista to someone in need of a closer.

Offense is good, delgado will be a monster. Not so sure on the giambi pick up, but eh, he could do pretty well. I like morneau as a util, but the OF could use a bit work, like I said try and trade batista and cameron for a upgrade in that slot.
The Big Papi
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:04 am

Mack Daddy 281 wrote:I like the pitching. Clemens/Sheets is nice, and lieber IMO is a nice sleeper this year. Also thing the closers are good, not solid, but good in hoffman and looper, maybe try and trade batista to someone in need of a closer.

Offense is good, delgado will be a monster. Not so sure on the giambi pick up, but eh, he could do pretty well. I like morneau as a util, but the OF could use a bit work, like I said try and trade batista and cameron for a upgrade in that slot.
sounds good but defaintly trade giambi and someone else for an upgarde somewhere and put coco or winn in as utility ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mikepfannon » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:09 am

thanks a ton. as giambi went undrafted i dont think he has any trade value, im just hoping to cash in on the gamble. i just droped haren for adamns so i agree that i should move batista/cameron what kind of OF guy do you think i can reach for with a batista/cameron move?
mikepfannon Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedros2Seam2YourHead » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:16 am

C.C. has to take the job from Haren Sabathia is a very solid Pitcher young and has lots of upside
Pedros2Seam2YourHead
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Shotty2Hotty » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:50 am

I like your team a lot. You are very deep in starting pitching, might want to think of maybe trading for some outfielders with some pop or speed. You should also do everything you can to get another catcher, I don't like any of the Molina brothers offensively. Another reliever might not be a bad idea either, but your pitching looks good all around. I'd just get an outfielder or two for a starter.
Shotty2Hotty
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby gambit31888 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:28 pm

ok team but pitching needs to get a look at, kenny rogers will not win 18 again and im a rangers fan. Giambiis a deep sleeper and no one knos what he's gonna do
"Juuust a bit outside."
gambit31888
College Coach
College Coach

Postby klvrdude » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:06 pm

Your team looks decent, but you don't have a 3B listed (things that make you go hmmm). Although, I do see a few places for improvement.

I think you can do better than a Molina brother as a catcher. Are Pierzynski, Inge, Lieberthal or Hernandez still available? IMO anyone of these would be a free upgrade.

Also, I agree Gambit that Rogers has to go. I'd think you should get a young pitcher with up-side then a middle age, average pitcher who's team plays in a hitters park.

Good luck.
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team