Some eerie coincidences (or maybe they're not coincidences?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Some eerie coincidences (or maybe they're not coincidences?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:10 pm

LOL, that's awesome, but eerie. 8-o

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Irish wrote:There is a huge coincedental sheet involving Lincoln and JFK. I could find it but I'm lazy. It's remarkable though.


This is actually a parody of that Lincoln/JFK thing.


Yeah I've seen that before, that one is even stranger.
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 621
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LBJackal » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:21 am

Jesis wasn't a capricorn, he was born in April of 5 BC. It's just more Catholic BS that he was born on Dec 25th of "Year 0". Having Christmas in April would be easier on Santa as he wouldn't have to deal with fire in the chimney but I'm thinking it's too late to move Christmas anyway :-D
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:30 am

LBJackal wrote:Jesis wasn't a capricorn, he was born in April of 5 BC. It's just more Catholic BS that he was born on Dec 25th of "Year 0". Having Christmas in April would be easier on Santa as he wouldn't have to deal with fire in the chimney but I'm thinking it's too late to move Christmas anyway :-D

They put it near Winter Solstice in order to convert Pagans easier, who celebrated the Winter Solstice. Good idea, actually.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:22 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Jesis wasn't a capricorn, he was born in April of 5 BC. It's just more Catholic BS that he was born on Dec 25th of "Year 0". Having Christmas in April would be easier on Santa as he wouldn't have to deal with fire in the chimney but I'm thinking it's too late to move Christmas anyway :-D

They put it near Winter Solstice in order to convert Pagans easier, who celebrated the Winter Solstice. Good idea, actually.


Yep, the christmas tree is a major pagan deal, same thing w/ easter
easter eggs = fertility rituals centered around the vernal equinox
both nicely incorporated by catholic dogma
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1588
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Midwest Hell aka Omaha

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:25 am

joshyboy72 wrote:LOL, that's awesome, but eerie. 8-o

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Irish wrote:There is a huge coincedental sheet involving Lincoln and JFK. I could find it but I'm lazy. It's remarkable though.


This is actually a parody of that Lincoln/JFK thing.


Yeah I've seen that before, that one is even stranger.




# Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

# Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

# The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

# Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
not true
# Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Jackie's was still born
# Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

# Both were shot in the head.

# Both were shot in the presence of their wives.

# Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.

# Both were assassinated by Southerners.

# Both were succeeded by Southerners.

# Both successors were named Johnson.

# Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

# John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy was born in 1939.

# Both assassins were known by their three names.
# Both names comprise fifteen letters.

# Booth and Oswald were both southerners favoring unpopular ideas.
not unpopular ideas in the south however!
# Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

# Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
Last edited by GiantFan666 on Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1588
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Midwest Hell aka Omaha

Postby so0perspam » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:28 am

Whoa ..... 8-o :-{
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby Irish » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:39 pm

Read this, explains some coincedences that aren't. Still decent, but ruins a little of the mistique.

http://www.kilty.com/l_and_k.htm
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:50 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:# Both assassins were known by their three names.


This isn't eerie or a coincidence. A lot assassins/murderers are known by 3 names so people with the same first and last name aren't confused with the real killers.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:30 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:LOL, that's awesome, but eerie. 8-o

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Irish wrote:There is a huge coincedental sheet involving Lincoln and JFK. I could find it but I'm lazy. It's remarkable though.


This is actually a parody of that Lincoln/JFK thing.


Yeah I've seen that before, that one is even stranger.




# Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

# Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

# The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

# Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
not true
# Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
Jackie's was still born
# Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

# Both were shot in the head.

# Both were shot in the presence of their wives.

# Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln.

# Both were assassinated by Southerners.

# Both were succeeded by Southerners.

# Both successors were named Johnson.

# Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

# John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy was born in 1939.

# Both assassins were known by their three names.
# Both names comprise fifteen letters.

# Booth and Oswald were both southerners favoring unpopular ideas.
not unpopular ideas in the south however!
# Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

# Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.


Now that's an interesting list :-? . Nice find! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dyirswentay, unioreimi and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact