ouch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ouch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ouch

Postby sinicalypse » Tue May 06, 2003 8:56 pm

just when it looked like halladay just MIGHT have a chance to cruise in with a win, his team up 5-1 early on... offensive dynamo carl everett steps to the plate and unleashes a 3 run bomb, putting halladay on the hook for 4 runs in under 2 IP.

some predicted that halladay would be the biggest fantasy bust all season, others lambasted me for dropping him for brett myers early on.

but um, even though i know this is texas and texas has a hell of an offense, and hes had the yanks nad bosox once or twice, isnt this a little bit alarming?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SoCalRebel » Tue May 06, 2003 9:01 pm

Man i dont know i know i was one of those guys that couldnt believe you dropped him. Its still early and hes played the Yanks, Boston, and Texas alot. Even still though you gotta get it done some of the times in these games, and I think he only got one win against them (Texas last week) and even then he got roughed up. :-t Atleast i didnt start him today.
Im not an expert but I have an opinion
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sinicalypse » Tue May 06, 2003 9:11 pm

i'm kind of willing to go out on a limb and roll the dice with the brett myerses and zach days of the world. i figure if the team is .500+ and the kid has some upside that they have a chance of winning ten with a sub-4 era and a sub 1.3 whip, which usually gets it done.

the jays are up 9-4 now, so halladay is in line for a win, but i can see him giving up 6 ER total... and thats a nightmare. poor guy. the blue jays are a young interesting team, delgado is actually earning his paycheck thus far in the season, and yet, there isn't even one bonafide stud starter on that team. oh for the days of chris carpenter, eh?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Baseball Leftovers