St*rs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

St*rs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:02 pm

Pacman wrote:This thread reminds me of how ridiculous it is for broadcast channels to show movies like Scarface, and edit out all the swears. It comes out like:




"Forget Caspar Gomez! And forget the flippin' Diaz brothers! Forget 'em all! I bury those darn cock-ah-roaches! "




Like.... why bother?

This is what makes Napoleon such a brilliant movie!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:06 pm

Pacman wrote:This thread reminds me of how ridiculous it is for broadcast channels to show movies like Scarface, and edit out all the swears. It comes out like:




"Forget Caspar Gomez! And forget the flippin' Diaz brothers! Forget 'em all! I bury those darn cock-ah-roaches! "




Like.... why bother?

I once saw a movie where they replaced every swear word with the word "kazoo" as pronounced by a baritone individual. It was hilarious.

Some women told a man that he could "shove it up his..." and then some guy's voice chimed in with "kazooooo".

I was in tears... :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby pomplona's finest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:21 pm

I never watch R rated movies on cable television because of the censors that ruin it. That "kazoo" thing sounds pretty funny though Stl. :-b
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3062
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dirt Farming in Madagascar

Re: St*rs

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:41 pm

Monty wrote:Why does everyone put a * to replace a letter in a swear word, doesn't everyone know what the word is anyways? I mean who gives a sh*t?


Because it's a polite thing to do. Using swear words only shows a lack of a vocabulary on the poster's part and quite a few of our members have no desire to see swear words everywhere they turn. So it's polite not to post the word itself. Finding a reasonable alternative to the actual word is better than the swear word anyway.

Not to mention that if the word itself is posted, the mods have the decision on if it stays or not. With a star/stars used instead, it's more likely to stay up and keep the poster out of trouble.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: St*rs

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:44 pm

Madison wrote:
Monty wrote:Why does everyone put a * to replace a letter in a swear word, doesn't everyone know what the word is anyways? I mean who gives a sh*t?


Because it's a polite thing to do. Using swear words only shows a lack of a vocabulary on the poster's part and quite a few of our members have no desire to see swear words everywhere they turn. So it's polite not to post the word itself. Finding a reasonable alternative to the actual word is better than the swear word anyway.

Not to mention that if the word itself is posted, the mods have the decision on if it stays or not. With a star/stars used instead, it's more likely to stay up and keep the poster out of trouble.


Yea but if I say madison is a genious ill get in trouble
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: St*rs

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:48 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Monty wrote:Why does everyone put a * to replace a letter in a swear word, doesn't everyone know what the word is anyways? I mean who gives a sh*t?


Because it's a polite thing to do. Using swear words only shows a lack of a vocabulary on the poster's part and quite a few of our members have no desire to see swear words everywhere they turn. So it's polite not to post the word itself. Finding a reasonable alternative to the actual word is better than the swear word anyway.

Not to mention that if the word itself is posted, the mods have the decision on if it stays or not. With a star/stars used instead, it's more likely to stay up and keep the poster out of trouble.


Yea but if I say madison is a genious ill get in trouble


Probably...so I don't think I would try it.... }:-)

:-b

Like Mad said...a poster is less likely to get fined or imprisoned using a star....however...don't try it with every swear word... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact