2005 Felix Hernandez thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2005 Felix Hernandez thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby carter » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:47 pm

garf112 wrote:
carter wrote:
thanks. just make sure you put big ceilings on the right prospects next time .. Prince Felix deserves it, but he ain't getting there in 05..

If I knew what this meant, I would respond in full.

If it means that I didn't put a high enough ceiling on Duke, that is untrue. I definitely read BA, but also make my own predictions and assumptions about players. I figured Duke would be a solid #2 starter, which he will most certainly become.

Also, sometimes I am wrong.

When did you jump on the Duke bandwagon?

today.. im so mad
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dorje3 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:17 am

"Prince Felix."
I like the sound of it, and it may even be relevant as Felix is a King in waiting.
However, last I checked a Prince was still closer to the top of the Feudal order than a Duke.
But good stuff Carter, not bad for a half a$$ed President.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jivedude » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:00 pm

RotoWire 7/28/05 wrote:Felix Hernandez (P) SEA 7/28/2005

Hernandez (bursitis) will return the starting rotation Saturday for Triple-A Tacoma, the Tacoma News-Tribune reports. Hernandez had been bothered by bursitis in his throwing shoulder. After taking some time off, he made five relief appearances and reported no problems with the shoulder. "He seems to be completely healthy," Rainiers pitching coach Rafael Chaves said Wednesday about the bursitis that sidelined Hernandez from June 14 to July 9. "I don’t think he threw a pitch below 96 mph (on Tuesday)." Hernandez had 15 strikeouts in 10 relief innings. If Hernandez's shoulder holds up in his start, he could be in Seattle before long.

Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HAC Wolves » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:59 pm

A few notes from the minor leagues this morning.

Kudos to Corey Brock of the News Tribune for being the only writer to get Jeff Clement’s signing bonus-$3.4 million-in the paper. Clement signed a standard minor league contract, so he won’t need to be added to the 40 man roster until after 2007. He also singled in his professional debut in Everett last night, and will DH again tonight before starting a game behind the dish.

The News Tribune also is the only paper that made it public that Felix Hernandez is going to start for the Rainiers on Saturday, after working out of the bullpen in scheduled relief appearances since his return from his bout with “bursitis”. Saturday is Bobby Livingston’s turn in the rotation, but he was assigned to Everett’s roster to make room for Jorge Campillo, who made his return to Tacoma yesterday.

Now, it may be a bit confusing as to why Livingston got sent to Everett, but its an on-paper move only, a way to clear a roster spot for a few days. A roster spot will reopen for Livingston this weekend when Felix Hernandez is recalled from Tacoma and joins the Mariner bulllpen. Saturday’s start is Felix’s last with Tacoma. He’ll go back to pitching scheduled relief appearances for the M’s during August, and then make several starts in September.

thank you USSMariner
Mariners for life

http://img87.echo.cx/img87/1927/paintballsig3xr.jpg

www.mccoypaintball.com
HAC Wolves
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Copperheads » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:04 pm

If it interests anyone here is a indepth acticle about Felix's mechanics. Sorry, did not know how to paste it over as a link. You will have to copy and paste it over to your browser.

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/story/200 ... 203133/956
Copperheads
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Copperheads » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:09 pm

Never mind, looks like it worked afterall
Copperheads
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:15 pm

July 30

After he retired as coach, John Wooden wrote poetry – including one effort that said for each door that closed, somewhere a window opened.
Aaron Sele is about to go out a window.

As the Seattle Mariners continue to rework their roster – parting with Pat Borders and bringing up Yuniesky Betancourt and Wiki Gonzalez – Sele added another loss Friday to a career-worst, seven-game losing streak.

Worse, it wasn’t close. It wasn’t competitive.

Instead, the Mariners’ 10-5 loss to the Cleveland Indians was a four-inning piece of evidence that Sele might have run out of time with Seattle.

“Would I be surprised if they let me go?” Sele asked afterward. “No. I was insurance here from the beginning of camp – and last-place teams don’t need insurance. Especially the way I’m pitching.”

The way Sele has pitched, it’s not likely he’ll get another start in Seattle.

What is likely?

Rookie Felix Hernandez may be brought up to start in Sele’s place Thursday in Detroit.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/st ... 4406c.html

Article from the News Tribune. I was at that M's game last night, it was an incredibly ugly performance (Seles ERA is over 10 in last 7 starts) and the crowd was loud with boos. He won't be starting, I personally think it will be Villone who starts Thursday but if it is Felix it will be exciting to watch! It is slightly dissappointing as I'd of liked to be at Safeco for his first start (instead of it being a road game).
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:25 pm

Felix was taken out of the game after 4 IP as he hit the 60 pitch "limit" for the game. They intended 60-80 in case he was in the middle of an inning but they weren't starting him another inning after he was over 60. He struck out the side in the 4th.

Now the good news, King Felix DOMINATED. 4IP, 7K, 0H, 0R, 2BB
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:28 pm

Sele was indeed released today but the M's elected to announce Campillo as the scheduled starter in his place. No announcement yet on Felix but it looks like he may be a Rainier for another start or few...
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:33 am

FELIX is with the Mariners in Detroit so he is officially called up. It appears he will work out of the pen at least initially as no start has been announced (only Campillo starting for Sele Tuesday). Should get into a game in the next few days though given he threw only 60 pitches in 4 IP last Saturday.
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball