2005 Felix Hernandez thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2005 Felix Hernandez thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:16 am

carter wrote:i'm sorry, but this fanclub really smells because ZACH DUKE IS #1 .. just bite the big one and re-group. it happens to the best of us.. and don't ever trust BA again .. top-notch info but they miss the boat all the time :-t

If you think Dukes is that good then go ahead and make a thread or a so called fan club about him and stop making pointless posts in this one. Because no one cares if your not contributing to the thread, also what does BA have to do with anything? The only reason BA has been mentioned in the thread is for an article, etc.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby carter » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:37 am

no, BA started the Felix craze last year, they have everything to do with it.. i dont know how, but they turned him into an instant hall of famer in may 2004 i think... they went buck wild on him and it spread like wildfire

its happened before...

sorry to crash your party..

and theres already threads about Duke, but nobody writes in them lol .. because he was never billed as dwight gooden or something? (the maddux-isms are coming soon i bet) .. its very strange, when i enter this minor league forum, i feel like i'm entering an alternate universe.. reality barely exists here
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby hybrid » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:30 pm

Maybe your just one of those guys who doesn't like hype, which is understandable. In any case I followed Felix before he got all the "craze" anyways, so there is no point in bringing up BA to me.

Also if you knew prospects well, you would see there is a huge difference between Edwin and Felix. The only way someone can compare them is if you look at who was BA's best pitching prospect before Felix. Edwin deserved a lot of that praise to, he just has fallen apart since and doesn't understand how to pitch yet ... people forget he is just 21 still. In any case just go post in your empty Duke threads then, cause you haven't offered anything useful in this one like I said before.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:10 am

Hybrid, doesn't Felix have 9 W's rather than the 7 you indicate.

For the other guy, an argument that Duke is am impressive prospect as is Felix is compelling. Saying Duke is going to be better than Felix is a big stretch. Just look at how Felix stacks up against the other pitchers in the PCL this year which is a very strong hitters league. He's 19 and when he gets his control down and starts throwin' the slider look out!
LoudmouthApostle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hybrid » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:23 am

Oops yeah your right, not sure how I missed that. :*)

Oh and have fun talking with Carter ... I'd run personally :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigken117 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:20 am

You think Seattle would call him up and give him some IP out of the pen just to see how he handles major league batters? I know they may (and they should) baby him cause of his shoulder, so letting pitch an inning here and there while gauging his readiness could be the way they go? And next spring he competes for a spot in the rotation?
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby carter » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:00 pm

bigken117 wrote:You think Seattle would call him up and give him some IP out of the pen just to see how he handles major league batters? I know they may (and they should) baby him cause of his shoulder, so letting pitch an inning here and there while gauging his readiness could be the way they go? And next spring he competes for a spot in the rotation?

nah, if you wanted instant success you shoulda drafted Duke, Street, or Wang in your prospect drafts ..

reality - 1
hype - 0

:-D
carter
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garf112 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:22 pm

carter wrote:
bigken117 wrote:You think Seattle would call him up and give him some IP out of the pen just to see how he handles major league batters? I know they may (and they should) baby him cause of his shoulder, so letting pitch an inning here and there while gauging his readiness could be the way they go? And next spring he competes for a spot in the rotation?

nah, if you wanted instant success you shoulda drafted Duke or Wang in your prospect drafts ..

reality - 1
hype - 0

Congratulations on your statement that Duke's Major League stats are better than King Felix' at this point. You are just plain dumb if you don't think that Felix has the OPPORTUNITY to have a better career than Duke. I have Duke in my keeper league, and planning on having Felix when he becomes available as well.

When you deal with prospects, you put a ceiling on them. King Felix has a nearly unlimited one. Duke has one that would make him a very productive pitcher, but not a dominant strikeout artist.

Way to go master of the obvious.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby carter » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:27 pm

garf112 wrote:
carter wrote:

nah, if you wanted instant success you shoulda drafted Duke or Wang in your prospect drafts ..

reality - 1
hype - 0

Congratulations on your statement that Duke's Major League stats are better than King Felix' at this point. You are just plain dumb if you don't think that Felix has the OPPORTUNITY to have a better career than Duke. I have Duke in my keeper league, and planning on having Felix when he becomes available as well.

When you deal with prospects, you put a ceiling on them. King Felix has a nearly unlimited one. Duke has one that would make him a very productive pitcher, but not a dominant strikeout artist.

Way to go master of the obvious.

thanks. just make sure you put big ceilings on the right prospects next time .. Prince Felix deserves it, but he ain't getting there in 05..
carter
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garf112 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:37 pm

carter wrote:
thanks. just make sure you put big ceilings on the right prospects next time .. Prince Felix deserves it, but he ain't getting there in 05..

If I knew what this meant, I would respond in full.

If it means that I didn't put a high enough ceiling on Duke, that is untrue. I definitely read BA, but also make my own predictions and assumptions about players. I figured Duke would be a solid #2 starter, which he will most certainly become.

Also, sometimes I am wrong.

When did you jump on the Duke bandwagon?
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball