Nomars Errors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomars Errors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nomars Errors

Postby T Long » Tue May 06, 2003 6:57 pm

i have nomar and he single handedly lost my errors catagory for me last week and has 2 in one game for me this week! he is still a good hitter and is doin great for me there. is he gonna stop making errors? and having multi error games?
T Long

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby stratusfactionrt » Tue May 06, 2003 9:05 pm

I sure hope he stops cause he's killing me too! He's nearly to half as many errors as he normally has over an entire season!
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Tue May 06, 2003 9:28 pm

It's hurting me as well and there are already some writers calling for him to be made a DH until he learns how to field. I don't think that would be a bad idea although the BoSox don't really have a viable other player to start at SS.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue May 06, 2003 9:33 pm

He's Nomar. He's not going to be DH unless he gets hurt. The fans would riot if he went to DH duty. He'll turn it around. He always go through these spells where for a week or two he does really bad. He'll work on it in "practice" and it'll be fixed.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jdh » Tue May 06, 2003 9:37 pm

More likely, the fans will riot and call for his head if he keeps committing errors. They might turn on him like Met fans turned on Benitez.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue May 06, 2003 11:07 pm

trust me on this one. The day sox fans turn on Nomar is the day that I stop watching baseball. It's never going to happen.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Greenrider » Wed May 07, 2003 1:15 am

nomar has carte blanche in boston

boston fans will turn on a lot of players, but not on a homegrown shortstop who hit .372!

don't worry about the errors, the one from the other night was mostly a result of being screened by a runner. he has an incredible work ethic, and will definitely work to improve that aspect of his game if he feels that it's a problem
Greenrider
College Coach
College Coach

It's true

Postby Dave » Wed May 07, 2003 3:39 am

If Nomar were to walk on the Charles after a game, most of Boston would be saying "I told you so". It's killing me to see him make so many errors, because I know no one in the game works harder.

He came up as a defensive shortstop-- He'll find his rhythm.
Gods do not answer letters.
Dave
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Amnorix » Wed May 07, 2003 10:26 am

While saying "he came up as a defensive shortstop" is a stretch, he was supposed to be very good defensively. He's played enough seasons now to know that his excellent defensive plays (and there are many) are just about equally offset by his horrible defensive plays (of which there are also many).

Bottom line -- he takes alot of risks, and gets burned often.

His bat, however, more than outweighs his defensive lapses. With the current Red Sox structure, they can't really afford to have him DH without losing alot of ooomph in the lineup. Also, insulting a megastar whose contract is up after 2004 by DH'ing or benching him is unwise.
Amnorix

----------------------------------
"You can observe a lot just by watching."

--Yogi Berra
Amnorix
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers