Ahh The South Is still back in 1860 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ahh The South Is still back in 1860

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Arlo wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Aren't we just living on the back of a giant turtle shell

No, it's the elephants who stand on the turtle shell, and the pachyderms in turn support the Disc ... remember? :-D

Oh yea!!!

By the way I went to school here and I think it would sell pretty well...Maybee not though but Charleston is really really ritzy and not that bass akwards..I think it would make money..now if it was in north charleston or some of the suburbs i can see the difference but most people who visit that imax are their to see the aquarium which is right next door...and those people are out of state people 99% of the time....so I think they are probably just trying to keep the loonies from protesting outside.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:27 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:
Tavish wrote:If IMAX really wanted to make money in the South they could simply show reruns of HeeHaw and Dukes of Hazard.

Well, I don't know about Hee Haw but an IMAX marathon of the Dukes of Hazzard would be pretty hot!!! ;-D :-D

What exactly is wrong with Dukes of Hazard??!
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:31 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:
Tavish wrote:If IMAX really wanted to make money in the South they could simply show reruns of HeeHaw and Dukes of Hazard.

Well, I don't know about Hee Haw but an IMAX marathon of the Dukes of Hazzard would be pretty hot!!! ;-D :-D

What exactly is wrong with Dukes of Hazard??!

I always watched because of her:

O:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:56 pm

These people blow everything out of proportion, these extremists. Remember that Spongebob video promoting tolerance, so extremist Christian groups came out and said that because Spongbob told you to tolerate everyone, including gays (and probably blacks, hispanics, etc) that he was gay. Way to be backwards, folks.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:22 am

Amazinz wrote:I've never understood why Creationism and Evolutionism can't go hand in hand. They are not as contradictory as some of these loons make it out to be. But evolution (and I believe in it) isn't exactly provable.

Because the Establishment Clause in the 1st Amendment clearly states that the government and the church must remain seperate. If Creationism, a Christian science, was taught in public schools it would be violating that Clause, and would be promoting a specific religion in a country that prides itself in allowing complete religious liberty.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:08 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:These people blow everything out of proportion, these extremists. Remember that Spongebob video promoting tolerance, so extremist Christian groups came out and said that because Spongbob told you to tolerate everyone, including gays (and probably blacks, hispanics, etc) that he was gay. Way to be backwards, folks.

Are you saying you support gays, blacks, hispanics and others who aren't White Christian Fundametilists? ?

yea most normal people do!

That spongebob thing was retarded and this is also retarded...Living in Charleston you noticed how racist everyone was and its kinda messed up
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pablo975 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 pm

God, I get soooo sick of this. There are extremist, racist, ignorant people in every nook and cranny of the great nation. I mean, I never heard of ANYTHING backwards, racist, and evil happening in New York or LA.....

I find it so funny.....we Southerners get slapped with labels like this because of the actions of a handful of retarded, uneducated, misguided souls who have been taught their behavior by other idiots, and what do these "intelligent" people do?

Make broad assumptions that we're ALL like that. Sounds like more damn racist sterotypes to me. A white, southern, hetero male is just assumed to be a toothless Klan member who loves nothing more than his trailer, Larry the Cable Guy, NASCAR, and beating his spouse/sibling while drinking heavily in his meth lab in the old cotton field listening to Toby Keith.

Sorry folks, we're not all Madison. Just kidding Mad.....

In any case, if the IMAX theater doesn't want to show the Volcanoes flick, so be it. They're in business to make money. They never signed up for anything involving YOUR freedom of speech....they could care less. Understand, freedom of speech applies to YOUR MOUTH and YOUR PEN.

If a radio, tv, newspaper, website, movie theater owner, etc, wants to rail against something, they have that right as well. But they have NO responsibility to speak for YOU.

If they choose to do so, great. If not, shut up, and go buy your own theater, station, or daily paper. Then you can rail to the world at large what a sin it is that (insert your pet cause here).

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:59 pm

Hey man I respect the south not everyone is a redneck...its just funny though that you never see stuff like this happen in places that aren't highly christian/baptist/whatever...

I find religion's hate of science to be silly
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:13 pm

No spittin', no swearin', no politics

I'm biting my tongue. I just wish this whole thread would stop growing - or even cease to exist.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:38 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
No spittin', no swearin', no politics

I'm biting my tongue. I just wish this whole thread would stop growing - or even cease to exist.

Did I start this one??

anyways I request it to be closed
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk