Kinda disappointed, help please :) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Kinda disappointed, help please :)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kinda disappointed, help please :)

Postby bost0n » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:46 pm

I am a bit disappointed with the team I drafted. My Catcher and 3b are both pretty bad, and my RP is non existant. Wagner can hold is own, but Affeldt is erratic and semi-hurt. Valverde also has been pretty crappy in ST and he wasnt that great last year. I have him because he could take over if Aquino blows it, but who knows about him. I'll probably toss Jeremy Reed, but i want to see what he does first. I am also not too sure about the bottom of my rotation with my Padre duo.

C B. Inge (Det - C,3B,OF)
1B A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,OF)
2B R. Durham (SF - 2B)
3B M. Cuddyer (Min - 1B,2B,3B,OF)
SS J. Rollins (Phi - SS)
OF M. Ramírez (Bos - OF)
OF C. Crawford (TB - OF)
OF C. Lee (Mil - OF)
Util G. Anderson (LAA - OF)
BN K. Mench (Tex - OF)
BN J. Reed (Sea - OF)

SP J. Peavy (SD - SP)
SP R. Harden (Oak - SP)
RP B. Wagner (Phi - RP)
RP J. Affeldt (KC - SP,RP)
P Od. Pérez (LAD - SP)
P B. Penny (LAD - SP)
P D. Davis (Mil - SP)
BN A. Eaton (SD - SP)
BN B. Lawrence (SD - SP)
BN J. Valverde (Ari - RP)

14 team, H2H, daily changes, standard 5x5, Picked 10th overall.

Does the team look like a contender? Any spots I should specifically make sure I can fix? Should I deal maybe a SP (which?) for a RP? I am a little nervous about this league. Are there any good mid reliever type guys that will put up good numbers and are also in the hole just in case the main reliever gets hurt that go unnoticed?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
cross your fingers for missouri
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby zeeko20 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:56 pm

Mike Gonzalez and Tom Gordon would be the main setup guys I would go after...even if they don't get into the closer spot they can help your ratios. Closers will emerge on the waiver wire once the season gets underway. Hawkins may even be available now...depending on who you are playing with.

Neither your offense or pitching is dominant...I'd look to do two 2for1 trades. Try to turn a couple of your OF into 1 better OF to go with Manny, and do the same with two of your SP. Then pick up a RP and a high upside OF off the waiver wire. Is Hidalgo out there?

Good luck.
My name is zeeko20, and I'm a Jose Reyes-aholic.
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=800863#800863]Please Rate My Team![/url] :)
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bost0n » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:06 pm

Gonzalez, gordon, hidalgo, everyone gone :( its pretty much only sleepers available, heh.

Thanks for the help, though. I will probably try to deal Mench once he tears it up this year (or deal someone else and then put mench in OF).
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bost0n » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:26 pm

bump
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bredsox3418 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:28 pm

yea i think you should trade Crawford, Lee, Anderson, or Harden for a C, OF, or/and 3B...David Wright is going to be solid this year...and Jeremy Reed should be quite a good rookie this year, good speed and average hitter.
Team Link:
[url]http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=177970[/url]
anyone who gives me a detailed run down of my team gets a free signature request with whatever pictures or text you want on it...im a good sig maker
bredsox3418
College Coach
College Coach

Postby klvrdude » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:53 am

I think Inge at C is fine. I see Durham as a weak 2Bman. I'd shift Cuddyer over to 2nd (a slight improvement) and try to find a new 3Bman (lots of depth this year).

I also agree that your RP is in need of some help. I think Wagner is great, but a risky proposition after last year. In terms of top MR, I see Brazoban, Torres and Gordon as good options that may even get some cheap saves along the way.

Something you haven't mentioned, but I see you lacking is speed. You need more SB if at all possible.

I'd appreciate any feedback you have for me:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=105693
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jevan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:16 am

I think you will be fine with SB, Crawford and Rollins should be able to carry you in that regard. I wouldn't trade Lee until he starts putting up some big numbers (which he will) but I would start looking to make some trades to improve your RP.

Take a look at mine:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=105863
Jevan Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:24 am

3 SD pitchers is not a good idea to me. I always like to spread things out, and if a team hits a slump, the pitchers are where it hurts the most... Peavy is definitely a keeper. (my pick for Cy Young this year, only a hunch of course) Lawrence seems to be gaining much needed experience, and with Peavy stepping up in the rotation, I see some pressure being taken off of him since he is no longer the 'ace.' Run support in SD should improve with Roberts running the bags and a solid infield to drive him home. If I were you i'd keep Lawrence and trade/waiver Eaton--he doesn't show enough consistency
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team