SP Beckett
RP Lidge
RP Tom Gordon
P Greinke
P Arroyo
P Lieber
bench Mike Gonzalez
bench Hawkins

I'll probably start 3-4 starters every week and use my RPs in the other slots to help me with the ratios.

Strengths? Weaknesses? Trade ideas? Predictions? Thanks for the help. :-)
My name is zeeko20, and I'm a Jose Reyes-aholic.
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=800863#800863]Please Rate My Team![/url] :)
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Klutch » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:50 pm

You are in a very ccomplex leauge with those 11 categories. I wouldn't even know how to manage a team like that but your team looks good but Dunn in that leauge is gonna really hurt you. Pitching is OK but you def need a closer.
Klutch
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bost0n » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:53 pm

RP is obviously lacking, but Hawkins should help a little.

SB is crappy, but since its only 1 of 11 stats, its not a big deal. I like your hitting since SB is so minor. Your pitching is also pretty solid.

Overally, pretty good team.
cross your fingers for missouri
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jacksparrow217 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:58 pm

I am a little bit worried about maur..i don't think his knees last the whole season but hey i hope i am wrong and if i am he will own for the twins. Your pitching conerns me, sheets nad becket should be dominating in Ks and ERA but they won't win more then 15 a piece, arroyo is inconsitnent, your definately lacking in wins. Stolen bases is another problem you should address i doubt Arod is gonna steal 28 this year more like 15 Berkman is gonna miss a nice chunk of the season, dunn will give you plenty of PoP but his Batting average will kill you. Same with bellhorn his batting average is not worth the 20 hrs that he's gonna give you; nothing he does stands out except for maybe his OBP becasue he walks so much, i'd try to upgrade on that. your relief pitching seems to be solid , lidge is awesome but i don't think you'll come out on top in that category. I hope this helps

[/url]http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=105609
Tedium is the worst pain
jacksparrow217
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zeeko20 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:09 pm

Klutch wrote:You are in a very ccomplex leauge with those 11 categories. I wouldn't even know how to manage a team like that but your team looks good but Dunn in that leauge is gonna really hurt you. Pitching is OK but you def need a closer.

I know Dunn is going to hurt in K and AVG but I've pretty much punted Ks anyway with Thome, Edmonds, Arod, and Bellhorn. 8-o After that....what is another 200 Ks? Dunn will help in R, RBI, OBP, SLG, 2B and HR so that seems decent.

I'll think about getting another closer...I didn't want to get a bad one who would hurt L, ERA, WHIP, TB, K/BB just to get one save every week. Maybe I can trade for another top 10 guy, or get lucky with Hawkins or Gonzalez.
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=800863#800863]Please Rate My Team![/url] :)
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zeeko20 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:15 pm

bost0n wrote:RP is obviously lacking, but Hawkins should help a little.

SB is crappy, but since its only 1 of 11 stats, its not a big deal. I like your hitting since SB is so minor. Your pitching is also pretty solid.

Overally, pretty good team.

That was my thinking with the SB...only 1 of 11(or 22) and a pretty fluky stat, so why worry about it?

I assume everyone would go with Sheets and Beckett on this team(when healthy), but who would be your #3 starter?
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zeeko20 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:30 pm

jacksparrow217 wrote:I am a little bit worried about maur..i don't think his knees last the whole season but hey i hope i am wrong and if i am he will own for the twins. Your pitching conerns me, sheets nad becket should be dominating in Ks and ERA but they won't win more then 15 a piece, arroyo is inconsitnent, your definately lacking in wins. Stolen bases is another problem you should address i doubt Arod is gonna steal 28 this year more like 15 Berkman is gonna miss a nice chunk of the season, dunn will give you plenty of PoP but his Batting average will kill you. Same with bellhorn his batting average is not worth the 20 hrs that he's gonna give you; nothing he does stands out except for maybe his OBP becasue he walks so much, i'd try to upgrade on that. your relief pitching seems to be solid , lidge is awesome but i don't think you'll come out on top in that category. I hope this helps

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105609

I am concerned about Mauer too, but I got him 12th round and I usually go with a scrub at C, so I'm comfortable with the risk. Your right my guys don't look like they will win many games, but they are good pitchers so I will just hope for the best. Arroyo is the opposite of some of them....he has good run support but might not have a good year.

I think AVG fluctuates a lot week to week, so in H2H Dunn's AVG won't be as bad is in roto. I got Bellhorn mostly because he won't hurt my good team OBP...a lot of 2B are poor in that department. And I got him cheap because there aren't many 2B I like this year. Most of the decent guys would kill my OBP.

Thanks for the insight...I commented on your team as well. Good luck.
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby uprightcitizen » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:21 pm

Love your batting. Would try to criticize something there but there is very little aside from catching which might work out fine and is not THAT important of a position in my book.

As for pitching I like Greinke but I think he's a little more of an unsure-bet than most people are putting him down as. He is going way high on some expert drafts. Arroyo I feel is going to have a good year, but, again, far from a sure-bet. I drafted Lieber as my 4th Starter, and I think he'll have a strong year, but (living in Philadelphia my whole life) I have no faith in the Phils to put up any kind of wins behind him. Citizen's Bank Park does nothing to help a pitcher, either (especially one who gives up a lot of hits). Luckily he keeps the ball down, so he shouldn't give up TOO many dingers. Nevermind, that's a not a negative stat for pitchers in your league either.

Anyway, my advice is to deal Greinke (unless you have a lot of faith in him). I bet you can get a lot for him and hopefully a more sure-bet starter, even if he doesn't have the high ceiling Greinke does. Consistency can never be underrated. Unless this is a keeper league, then hang on to him and try to deal a bench player and Arroyo for a starter.

Lidge is amazing. Look into BJ Ryan if you want another full-time closer. I think he will put up big #'s this year in Baltimore.

Good luck and hope any advice I gave may have helped.
Let me know what you think of my team:
[url]http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=255263[/url]
uprightcitizen
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zeeko20 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:21 pm

uprightcitizen wrote:Anyway, my advice is to deal Greinke (unless you have a lot of faith in him). I bet you can get a lot for him and hopefully a more sure-bet starter, even if he doesn't have the high ceiling Greinke does. Consistency can never be underrated. Unless this is a keeper league, then hang on to him and try to deal a bench player and Arroyo for a starter.

Lidge is amazing. Look into BJ Ryan if you want another full-time closer. I think he will put up big #'s this year in Baltimore.

I like Greinke some but I'm not sold on him, especially with his run support problems. PECOTA is pretty high on him. Unfortunately I don't think many in my league are wise enough to see the potential value in Greinke now, so I doubt I could get much for him in a trade. It's a good idea...I'll ask around.

I like Ryan too but he went earlier in the draft than I expected(11th round) so he'd probably be to expensive to go after in this league. Thanks for the help...I dropped a few comments on your team as well. Good luck.
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team