Go to battel with these guys????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Go to battel with these guys?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Go to battel with these guys?????

Postby Klutch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:51 pm

Hey, just wanted some opinions if I should go to battle with these guys or try and make some pre-season moves. I think I have excenlt balance in my lineup with players that can contribute in numerous categories. My bench is good in case of injury, and I will prob switch those guys in and out with wilkerson depending on hot and coldness of players. My closers are solid as well IMO. My SP is where I take a hit but I have 2 solid SP if healthy. What are your thoughts. 10 team H2H 5X5 non-keeper leauge.

10 Team 5X5 Roto Leauge (non-keeper)

Starters
Alex Rodriguez - 3B
Derek Jeter - SS
Chone Figgins - 2B
Mark Teixera - 1B
Javy Lopez - C
Adam Dunn - OF
Jose Guillen - OF
Brad Wilkerson - OF
Hank Blalock - UT

Bench
Pat Burrell - OF
Milton Bradley - OF
Pedro Feliz - (1B, 3B, SS, OF soon)

Starting Pitching
Jake Peavy
John Smoltz
Dontrell Willis
Doug Davis
Dan Haren
Jerome Williams

Relief Pitchers
Francisco Cordero
Guillermo Mota
Danny Kolb
Mike Gonzales
Klutch
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Klutch » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:01 pm

Hey, how come nobody is showing me any love.
Klutch
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bceagles04 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:15 pm

Here you go. I really like Doug Davis, I have him and he has great ratios. I like your IF a lot, but you should trade to try and upgrade at OF. Wilk. is good but trade Dunn or Blaylock, for a top tier OF and move Wilk to util!
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Klutch » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:42 am

Come on guys, help a brotha out here. I reviewed 5-6 teams yesterday and all I get is one response.

I am dissapointed not to mention i sent 8 people my cheat sheets the other day.
Klutch
College Coach
College Coach

Solid Lineup

Postby AT » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:09 am

Solid Lineup, I think Wilkerson stinks but the rest of the lineup is pretty diesel. Keep an eye out for pitching because I think your second tier Starters and Closers are going to need replacing before too long. Great pick with Haren too. I'm pretty high on him as well. Looked nasty in the playoffs... Would you rather have Tad Iguchi or Clint Barmes at 2B? Regarding my team...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pbot34 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:18 am

ur offense looks real good. balance everywhere. wilkerson and dunns average might hurt alittle, but if the two of them steal a few bags i think it offsets that, plus all ur other hitters have always had solid averages so i dont think it will take that much of a hit. hopefully smoltz elbow hold up, he has looked nasty this spring. im not sold on the rest of ur sp, but willis haren and williams all have a high ceiling and alot of potential
pbot34
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Blind Squirrels » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:34 pm

I'm not sold on the OF. Who else is out on the wire? Solid 1st tier SP and RP, 2nd tier is a little shakey, but you can always wait for the inevitable injury or benching and grab the next guy in line.
"There's something happening, and you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?"
Bob Dylan
Blind Squirrels Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:36 pm

offense is great, closers are real good, but your starting pitching is less than adequate...... i think u might have enough power on your team so offer up adam dunn for maybe a czam or ollie to improve your rotation......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rajah » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:47 pm

agree with trying to upgrade outfield. Caveat = I have not done H2H leagues, but I would also be concerned about Figgins pt when Kennedy returns. If he gets enough at his various positions, that might be okay, but it doesn't look like you have that covered in the event that he sits very much.

Also, suggest that you try to trade Kolb for an upgrade to SP. I think Kolb is out of a job by Father's Day because he's just not good, AND if Smoltz wears down, maybe they move him back to the pen. This presents all kinds of options for you to consider.

Good luck.

;-D
Take two and hit to right
rajah
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

I think ur teams great id go into battle vs ne crew with

Postby Travisa1205 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:03 pm

those soldiers. Smoltz is looking great in Spring Training. He pitched 14 strait scoreless innings. Your offense is spiffy also.
Travisa1205
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team